Originally from the United States (Seattle), I have lived in Sweden since 2010 for graduate school. Prior to this, I worked with five NGO's in four countries. Activities ranged from designing, facilitating and coordinating HIV/Reproductive Health education in Guyana to writing an impact evaluation tool-kit and developing metrics for empowerment programs in rural China.
- Doctoral Candidate, Epidemiology and Public Health Intervention Research group, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Global Health Effectiveness Program, Harvard University, USA
- Masters in Global Health, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Discovering Civil Society, Carleton University, Canada
- BSc in Public Health with a minor in Microbiology, University of Washington, USA
My doctoral research investigates the relationship between various individual and contextual level social integration factors and immigrant mental health, focusing specifically on social capital and neighbourhood ethnic density.