Advances in Health Care Sciences Conferences
2019's conference was held November 13 and 14 at Campus Flemingsberg, Stockholm, on the theme "Getting Research into Practice".
Download the Conference App
News for this year’s conference is our Conference App giving you a possibility for easy access to information about the programme, poster sessions, key notes, changes etc. Follow the instructions:
- Search for ”AppInConf Conference & Events” on App Store or Google Play
- Click on the +
- Type in the code: caresciences2019
- Advances in Health Care Sciences Conference 2019 app is ready to use
Key dates and deadlines
- April 3 - Registration and abstract submission opens.
- May 17 - Deadline submission abstracts
- End of June - Notification of abstracts accepted
- Oct 8 - Deadline conference registration
- Oct 31 - Deadline submission to Best Poster Competetition
- Nov 7 - Deadline submission of digital posters
Registration and abstract submission
Kindly register through links below. If you submit an abstract you do not have register separately. Please use the second link if you are only attending the conference and do not submit an abstract.
All abstracts within health care science are welcome. The abstracts do not have to be related to the theme of the conference. All abstracts will be evaluated. Read the submission guidelines and assessment criteria in this document.
There is no fee for attendance at the conference. Please note that the dinner event is an invitation by The Doctoral School in Health Care Sciences (FiV) that is free for attendees. However, should you have registered for dinner and do not notify non-attendance to email@example.com by Oct 31 and we cannot find a replacement for you we will send an invoice of 50 EURO.
Abstract submission is now closed, the abstracts reviewed and notifications to accepted abstracts sent.
Registration for the conference is now closed.
We have made som changes to the programme. The latest version of the Programme Advances in Health Care Sciences Conference 2019
The programme is primarily based on the PhD students' active participation in poster sessions with oral presentation and discussions of 15 minutes.
In addition we have some very interesting key notes on the topic of "Getting Research into Practice"
Cultivating #ImpSci capacity in collaboration: using theoretical frameworks to guide and study implementation with Professor Lars Wallin Dalarna University and Dr Anna Bergström, Uppsala University/Karolinska Institutet.
Thematic analysis: the good, the bad, and the ugly with Professor Virginia Braun, the University of Auckland. Links recommended on TA by the Professor:
- Reflecting on Reflexive TA
- A starting point for your journey, not a map
- A very good long thorough chapter on TA from the Handbook of Research Methods in Health Social Sciences
- Link to their TA website
Considerations for evaluating complex interventions in complex systems with Dr Jemma Hawkins, Cardiff University Links recommended by Dr Hawkins.
Poster Schedule and Poster Instructions
- The poster should not be more than 115 cm high and 75 cm wide (vertical is preferred).
- We will need your poster both in a printed version (PPT or InDesign) and digitally (PPT or PDF-file – see below)
- Your poster session has 15 minutes allocated time, of which 5-10 minutes is for presenting your research project followed by questions and discussion. During your oral presentation the digital version of your poster will be used.
- On the day of your presentation you are responsible for mounting your poster in the morning, see the schedule for the time assigned for this. The printed version of your poster will be displayed during one whole day during the conference in the common areas.
- You will find the date, time and room for your presentation in the poster schedule enclosed. This information will also be presented on the conference website.
- Be sure to be in time at the room of your presentation. There is a session moderator in the room to assist and present you and facilitate Q&A’s after your presentation
- If you are not participating in the best poster contest we will need your poster sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7th in order to be prepared for your session. (Format PPT or PDF-file) otherwise we will need your poster by October 31st.
Best Poster Competition
The posters sent to the organizing committee by October 31st has been evaluated and below posters are the ones you can vote for at the conference.
- The printed posters will be available on both days.
- All posters are also in the Confernce App.
- You can only vote through the Conference App.
- Vote by 1 pm on the 14 th of November.
- You can only vote one time and if you vote more than once the latest submitted answer will be the one.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
The 8 posters in the contest:
4. SWEACP: EXPLORING SWEDISH COMMUNITY-DWELLING, OLDER ADULTS’ VALUES AND PREFERENCES FOR FUTURE END-OF-LIFE CARE
- Henriksson, Malin
8. ACCEPTABILITY AND PERCEIVED USABILITY OF A CONVERSATION TOOL ABOUT END-OF-LIFE CARE WITH STAFF IN RESIDENTIAL ELDER CARE
- Johansson, Therese
9. HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS´ EXPERIENCES OF ASSESSING, TREATING PREVENTING CONSTIPATION AMONG OLDER PATIENTS
- Lundberg, Veronica
20. PATIENT CENTEREDNESS - LET’S ASK THE PATIENT! - DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF A QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PATIENT’S FEEDBACK IN MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Björklund, Karin
23. ENCOUNTERING AN ALIEN WORLD OF DISEASE AND TREATMENT. A QUALITATIVE STUDY ON OESOPHAGEAL CANCER PATIENTS’ AND RELATIVES’ EXPERIENCES
- Larsen Kaas, Malene
40. HEALTH PROFESSIONAL´S PERSPECTIVES ON PERSON-CENTRED INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN STROKE REHABILITATION
- Marwaa, Mille
43. CHILDREN’S AND ADOLESCENTS’ EXPERIENCE OF DONATING STEM CELLS TO A SURVIVING SIBLING
- Rinaldo, Carina
59. DEVELOPMENT AND PROCESS EVALUATION OF AN EDUCATIONAL INTERVENTION ON COMMUNICATION TARGETING NURSE ASSISTANTS IN HOME CARE
- Gustafsson, Tanja
Venue and getting here
Karolinska Institutet is is Sweden’s single largest centre of medical academic research and offers the country’s widest range of medical courses and programmes. Karolinska Institutet comprises of Campus Flemingsberg and Campus Solna.
The conference will be held at Karolinska Institutet, Campus Flemingsberg. The exact address for the conference is Alfred Nobels allé 23, Huddinge.
Campus Flemingsberg is easy accessible from Stockholm Central Station with the commuter train within 20 minutes. The station is called Flemingsberg. For train time table with SL - plan your trip.
Here is a list of hotels near Stockholm Central Station at various rates, with easy access to the commute train to Flemingsberg where the conference is held. The commute takes about 20 minutes.
- Central Hotel
- Clarion Hotel Sign
- Comfort Hotel Xpress
- First Hotel Kungsbron
- Freys Hotel
- Hotel C
- Nordic Light
- Radisson Blu Viking Hotel
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
- Scandic Continental
- Scandic Grand Central
There is also two hotels located within 10 minutes from the venue at Flemingsberg
On this year's conference KI Innovations will be present informing of their activities within the theme of Getting Research into Practice. KI Innovations provides free of charge guidance and support to researchers who wish to translate their research knowledge into concrete societal benefits.
In order to succeed in disseminating and implementing research beyond laboratory results and academic merits, researchers need to think along slightly different paths. This is where KI Innovations can help. Through a seamless chain of support, from inspiration to implementation, they provide support in project development and create conditions for transferring research-based knowledge to practice, people and policy.
The support is open to all students and researchers at KI and all information is handled with confidentiality.
KI Innovations is a wholly owned subsidiary of Karolinska Institutet Holding, financed by Karolinska Institutet and Vinnova. KI Innovations does not take any ownership in the projects.
Some examples on what kind of support KI Innovations can provide:
- Intellectual property protection and strategy (for example patent, copyright)
- Legal conditions and regulatory requirements
- Competition and market analysis
- Customer/user interaction and iteration
- Technical verification
- Team & business development
- Business/project development and sustainable financing
- A broad network of experts
+46 70 591 01 51
+46 (0)70-678 60 82