Educational Leadership for Residency Directors – 2017
The Karolinska University Hospital, Center for General Practice and the Medical Case Centre at Karolinska Institutet have the pleasure to offer a one-year program for residency directors with focus on educational leadership. Start: March 2017.
The overall aim of this program is to improve your role as a residency director and to provide you with useful tools in your day-to-day work as an educational leader in residency training. This program is open for all specialties.
Questions we will cover during the course are:
- How to structure a high quality residency program?
- What is your mission and responsibilities as a residency director?
- What rules and regulations set the frame and boundaries for residency training in Sweden?
- How do you adjust your program to colleagues with an MD-degree from other countries?
- How do you initiate, design and implement an educational change project?
- How do you develop and communicate expected learning outcomes?
- How do you align clinical rotations with the outcome-based curricula?
- How do you assess the learning of your residents?
- How can you evaluate educational quality?
- What are the international trends in residency education?
The program is based on best available evidence in medical educational research and and best practice. This program has four two-day modules and a one-day final assessment module. Two modules are offered during the spring semester 2017 and two modules + the final examination during the fall semester of 2017.
The program has Swedish and international faculty. Module 2-4 are offered in English only. The majority of the course readings are in English.
9 - 10 March 2017
Residency Director: Mission; rules and regulation; introduction to educational leadership
18 - 19 May 2017
14 -15 September 2017
|Module 4||26 - 27 October 2017||
International perspectives on quality assurance and accreditation
|Module 5||24 November 2017||Examination|
Jonas Nordquist, Karolinska Institutet / Karolinska University Hospital
Teresa Sörö, Karolinska Institutet / Karolinska University Hospital
Tina Granholm, Karolinska Institutet / Karolinska University Hospital
Bijan Darvish, Karolinska University Hospital
Jamiu Busari, Maastricht (module 2)
Eric Holmboe, AAMC (module 3)
Linda Snell, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada and McMaster (module 4)
Participation in all modules is mandatory. The tuition is 12 000 SEK. You will be provided the opportunity to design an educational development project that will be assessed in module 5. This program is equal to five weeks of educational training in the internal system at Karolinska Institutet for promotion.
The program is open for a limited number of participants.