Gonçalo Castelo-Branco Group – contact
Contact information to the staff at the Gonçalo Castelo-Branco group.
Division of Molecular Neurobiology
171 65 Solna
Our research group is based at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB), at the Karolinska Institutet (KI), Stockholm, Sweden, within the Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology.
This Research Division has presently 8 research groups, focused on several aspects of development, stem cell biology, neuroscience and cancer, providing a unique critical mass and expertize, and vibrant scientific environment. Our research group has access to state-of-the-art resources in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and cell imaging within the unit, at the MBB department and the National Core Facility SciLifeLab at the KI campus. Our research group is also member of the Karolinska Neuroimmunology & Multiple Sclerosis Center (KNIMS), which brings together MS clinical and basic research scientists
Furthermore, KI is a university focused on biomedical sciences and the Nobel Assembly at KI annually awards the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. KI ranks as one of the world's leading medical universities, with around 600 research groups covering all medical fields.
- Goncalo Castelo-Branco, Principle investigator
- Tony Jimenez-Beristain, Research coordinator
- Bastien Hervé, Core computational biologist
- Eneritz Agirre, Researcher
- Federico Ansaloni, Postdoctoral fellow
- Karl Carlström, Postdoctoral fellow
- Yonglong Dang, Post-doctoral fellow
- Leslie Kirby, Post-doctoral fellow
- Neemat Mahmud, Post-doctoral fellow
- Matti Zaghi, Post-doctoral fellow
- Fabio Pohl, PhD student
- Chao Zheng, PhD student
- Mukund Kabbe, PhD student
- Petra Kukanja, PhD student
- Yuk Kit (Charles), Master student
- Noah Holzleitner, Master student
- Sergi Florenza, Project student
Previous post-doctoral fellows
- Sueli Marques
- Ana Mendanha Falcao
- Elisa Floriddia
- Alessandro Bonetti
- Marek Bartosovic
Previous PhD students
David van Bruggen, Samudyata, Mandy Meijer
Previous visiting PhD students
- Laura Bayon, Carlos Matute’s lab
- Tania Lourenço, Mário Grãos lab
Previous project/bachelor/master students
Gkrasiela Chatziai, Naomi Rijk, Michelle Westerberg, Celine Geywitz, Negi Sadeghi Hassanabadi, Rashid Holtinkoski, Leipa Kazlauskaite, Milda Valiukonyte, Marjan Abbasi, Gloria Chen, Filip Cvetko, Helena Francis, Kedir Hamza, Iris Muller, Atul Paulson, Theresa Mader, Fatemah Rezayee, Abdirahman Farah, Diana Hernandez, João Santos, Wouter Beenker, Abeer Heskol, Bastienne Zaremba, Shupei Zhang, Ka Wai Lee, Florian Gabriel, Natali Papanicolaou, Cassandra van Tuijn, Prachi Harshal Bhagwatwar, Shreya Sarangi, Dimitris Dimitrakopoulos, Carmen Abaurre, Laura Volle.
Ad-hoc applications are welcome. Please e-mail Gonçalo at Goncalo.Castelo-Branco@ki.se.