Gonçalo Castelo-Branco Group - Contact
Contact information to the staff at the Gonçalo Castelo-Branco group.
Division of Molecular Neurobiology
171 65 Solna
Our research group is based at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB), at the Karolinska Institutet (KI), Stockholm, Sweden, within the Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology.
This Research Division has presently 8 research groups, focused on several aspects of development, stem cell biology, neuroscience and cancer, providing a unique critical mass and expertize, and vibrant scientific environment. Our research group has access to state-of-the-art resources in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and cell imaging within the unit, at the MBB department and the National Core Facility SciLifeLab at the KI campus.
Furthermore, KI is a university focused on biomedical sciences and the Nobel Assembly at KI annually awards the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. KI ranks as one of the world's leading medical universities, with around 600 research groups covering all medical fields.
- Goncalo Castelo-Branco, Principle Investigator
- Tony Jimenez-Beristain, Lab manager
- Bastien Hervé, Core computational biologist
- Marek Bartosovic, Post-doctoral fellow
- Eneritz Agirre, Post-doctoral fellow
- Leslie Kirby, Post-doctoral fellow
- Karl Carlström, Postdoctoral fellow
- Mandy Meijer, PhD Student
- Fabio Pohl, PhD student
- David van Bruggen, PhD student
- Chao Zheng, PhD student
- Mukund Kabbe, PhD student
- Petra Kukanja, PhD student
- Dimitris Dimitrakopoulos, Master student
- Negi Sadeghi Hassanabadi, Master student
- Carmen Abaurre , Master student
Previous post-doctoral fellows
- Sueli Marques
- Ana Mendanha Falcao
- Elisa Floriddia
- Alessandro Bonetti
Previous PhD students
Previous visiting PhD students
Tania Lourenço, Mário Grãos lab
Previous project/bachelor/master students
Rashid Holtinkoski, Leipa Kazlauskaite, Milda Valiukonyte, Marjan Abbasi, Gloria Chen, Filip Cvetko, Helena Francis, Kedir Hamza, Iris Muller, Atul Paulson, Theresa Mader, Fatemah Rezayee, Abdirahman Farah, Diana Hernandez, João Santos, Wouter Beenker, Abeer Heskol, Bastienne Zaremba, Shupei Zhang, Ka Wai Lee, Florian Gabriel, Natali Papanicolaou, Cassandra van Tuijn, Prachi Harshal Bhagwatwar, Shreya Sarangi.
Ad-hoc applications are welcome. Please e-mail Gonçalo at Goncalo.Castelo-Branco@ki.se.