LIME in the media and other news from the department
News articles and interviews from the Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
News related to the new coronavirus
- 2020-09-15 – The important role of primary care for the understanding of covid-19-sequela (in Swedish). Opinion piece in the Swedish medical journal, Läkartidningen, in which Carl Savage reflects on the role primary care has in treating patients suffering from post acute COVID-19, a.k.a. "long-covid".
- 2020-09-07 – Certificate to access assisted dying in Switzerland raises difficult questions (in Swedish). Niklas Juth, Nils Lynøe, both at KI, and Titti Mattsson, Lund University, call for guidance for doctors who are confronted with the issue of assisted dying certificates and propose that the issue of patient rights at the end of life be investigated.
- 2020-08-20 – "Bristande forskning kring distansarbete i hemmet", Kristina Palm in an interview in Sveriges Radio, Vetenskapsradion, on the lack of research when it comes to working remotely from home.
- 2020-04-14 – "We need emotional closeness"
- 2020-04-14 – Covid-19: Resources for mental wellbeing
- 2020-04-09 – Expert team gives advice on research ethics
- 2020-04-03 – Tips from the researcher about working from home
- 2020-03-27 – Moral distress can affect healthcare personnel during COVID-19 crisis
- 2020-03-26 – A few tips from LIME's health promoter Agnes Elmberger
- 2020-03-20 – Opinion piece in Swedish paper Aftonbladet on how we can better help those who have been involuntarily isolated (in Swedish)
- 2020-03-19 – Anxiety affects us in different ways under circumstances such as the corona virus outbreak (Sveriges Radio P1, Vetenskapsradion Hälsa, Interview in Swedish with Danuta Wasserman)
- 2020-08-21 – New licentiate thesis explores e-patients and their engagement in self-care and healthcare contexts
- 2020-08-17 – Persons who have attempted suicide should receive a support person for up to two years according to a new global study conducted by KI. Danuta Wasserman in an interview Aftonbladet and also in Sveriges Radio P1, Vetenskapsradion.
- 2020-04-15 – New thesis explores virtual patient design
- 2020-04-03 – Project on tobacco cessation on prescription receives grant from The National Board of Health and Welfare
- 2020-03-11 – New thesis describes the challenges of current healthcare financing system in low- and middle-income countries
- 2020-03-09 – Launch of the learning arena "Utveckla framtidens utveckling" (Develop future development)
- 2020-03-05 – Karolinska Institutet involved in project on human rights in higher education
- 2020-02-12 – Board Certification in Clinical Informatics to Health Informatics alumni
- 2020-02-02 – New York Times on the role of physical activity for mental health refers to NASP’s European study
- 2019-12-05 – PROCOME researcher receives two-year grant from FORTE for project that explores how employees can redesign their work to match their needs
- 2019-11-29 – New research project on Refugees' Health Integration - ReHIN
- 2019-11-26 – From zero to prototype in three hours
- 2019-11-14 – Early in-depth symptomatic investigations could have major impact on overall lung cancer mortality
- 2019-11-11 – DöBra research programme at the 6th Public Health Palliative Care International Conference in Australia
- 2019-10-30 – The research group SOLIID receives funding from Vinnova to develop future development!
- 2019-09-19 – Exit poll 2019: students are mostly satisfied with their education
- 2019-09-13 – Self-paced online course through Stanford University: Partnering with the Public and Patients in Medical Research
- 2019-09-12 – Better to agree that the working climate is bad than to have different view on the situation
- 2019-08-07 – Offering help to newly arrived women who have children as early as possible is crucial
- 2019-06-20 – Collaborative prevention project between Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm region receives funding from the National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen)
- 2019-06-12 – Clear link between press releases and news stories on medical research
- 2019-05-19 – Her goal is ensure children are better prepared for hospital surgery
- 2019-05-17 – Implementation and effects of a school-based first line-model
- 2019-04-15 – A chat with Linda P. Sturesson on her new book "Diskvalificering av det positiva"
- 2019-04-30 – Students in focus at conference on global goals
- 2019-04-24 – Welcome to Annika Bolind Bågenholm, Education Coordinator and Course Director at the Unit for Bioentrepreneurship (UBE)!
- 2019-03-22 – Highlights sexual harassment in academia
- 2019-03-13 – Åsa Steinsaphir and Sara Riggare among the 100 most powerful in the Medtech world 2019!
- 2019-02-28 – Ethics reward to Marie Chenik
- 2019-02-21 – Build program logic models: a workshop on co-creation within research programme based on patient-driven innovations to promote self-care
- 2019-02-19 – Three questions to Linus Askenfelt, archivist at LIME and PHS
- 2019-02-15 – New thesis shows high burden of low back pain on both patient and society and presents cost effective solutions
- 2019-02-07 – Sara Riggare is “Swede of the year in medicine”!
- 2019-01-29 – Information about examination of discontinued courses
- 2019-01-21 – New thesis: "How can health care organizations create value?: business model explorations"
- 2019-01-17 – Clear link between nurse work environment and patient safety
- 2018-12-11 – His doctoral thesis covers the discontinued biobank initiative
- 2018-11-05 – Two research projects at MMC receive funding from FORTE
- 2018-10-19 – MMC is awarded funding from FORTE for the project “Let the patient drive! Implementing patient-driven co-care innovations.
- 2018-10-16 – Welcome to Haiting Jiang, Sonja Krig and Fitsum Teni who recently joined LIME
- 2018-10-03 – The research group SOLIID at MMC receives project grant from FORTE!
- 2018-09-26 – Addressing the undefined, as part of the intercultural physician-patient consultation, could potentially result in less misunderstandings, frustration and insecurities.
- 2018-08-31 – Research group Procome receives research funding from FORTE
- 2018-05-15 – MMC study on adaptations and adherence
- 2018-01-31 – Prince William and Kate Middleton visit KI – focus on mental health in adolescents
- 2018-01-26 – Henna Hasson appointed acting Director of Medical Management Centre (MMC).