Education at MMC
The Medical Management Centre collaborates with the programmes at Karolinska Institutet in a joint effort to include management and leadership training in the curricula, and to organise interprofessional training.
MMC organises executive education and special courses based on contracts with healthcare provides, receiving marketing and administrative support by the Continuing Professional Development Office. A common denominator for all MMC courses is the educational methodology. The design and learning objectives are matched to student needs and practical experience.
MMC is involved in different courses within the study programme in nursing and the study programme in radiography. These courses focus in developing the students' skills in leadership, pedagogics, supervision and pedagogics. A similar course is also given within the programme for nurses from countries outside EU/EES and Switzerland. These courses are only given in Swedish, but if you are interested, please look at our Swedish pages.
- Health economics, policy and management
- Health care organisation and management (elective course within the Master's programme in Health Informatics)
- Master's programme in Bioentrepreneurship
The course is aimed at students in all of KI:s undergraduate programmes (a minimum of 120 credits and proficiency in English equivalent to English B/English 6.), with an interest in analyzing the area of digital health from an entrepreneurship perspective. The course aims to enable students to lead entrepreneurial projects in digital health by navigating context specific challenges and opportunities.
Executive and Professional Education Courses
- Leadership and organisational development 1 (in Swedish)
- Leadership and organisational development 2 (in Swedish)
- Frontiers in leadership
- Health policy and management
- Exploring entrepreneurial opportunities in research
- School of health innovation
- To Communicate Science in Different Contexts with Focus on Oral and Visual Communication