Artificial Intelligence at Karolinska Institutet
AI@KI is a strategic project initiated by the President of KI with the goal to collect and describe all activities at KI related to artificial intelligence (AI).
The Falafel Series - a seminar series on methods in AI for health
One means to AI knowledge exchange is The Falafel Series, a seminar series on methods in AI for health. The series will run late Friday afternoons as an After Work activity, approximately twice per month. Falafels will be provided and the seminars will be IRL only.
To get regular updates to The Falafel Series seminars, please email Magnus Boman (see falafel picture below). Updates will include abstracts and relevant reading material, if any. The purpose of the series is to inform people on what is ongoing or planned, and of who does what with AI. The bulk of each hour spent in seminar is interactive discussion, and there are no silly questions.
About the project AI @ KI
AI @ KI is a strategic project initiated by the President of KI with the goal to collect and describe all activities at KI related to artificial intelligence (AI). The assessment of which research at KI is AI-related and which AI methods are used, is made by the project leader Magnus Boman, a professor in Intelligent Software Services at KTH, who is affiliated with KI/LIME.
The project runs during 2020 and 2021 and will spread information about AI in many different forms to KI staff with the goal to exchange knowledge, increase internal and external collaboration, and strengthen KI’s research and education in the field.
Active participants in AI @ KI also include KI Vice President Anders Gustafsson, and LIME leads Carl Johan Sundberg and Sabine Koch.
Karolinska Institutet, through AI @ KI, is also a partner in AI Sweden, a national network to accelerate AI innovations and run applied AI projects. Through KI's membership in AI Sweden, all employees and students can take advantage of different events such as network meetings, lectures, symposia etc that are offered by AI Sweden. Easiest to do so is to sign up for the AI Sweden Partner Update.
More seminars and conferences on AI
- RISE has a long standing series of AI seminars called Learning Machines. This series has been virtual only for quite some time now and even if the topics can be quite technical, there are seminars that are relevant to health applications. Many earlier talks are also linked to from the RISE home page
- At SciLifeLab, there is a seminar series called Applied AI in Life Science Research.
- AI Sweden also recently launched an interesting Handbook.
Register to mailing lists
- SciLifeLab offers regular seminar series about AI. Check out the schedule.
- AI Sweden offers network meetings, lectures, symposia etc. Register to their mailing list at: AI Sweden Partner Update