Funding and collaborations
Funding & collaboration for Annika Karlsson research group at the Department of Laboratory Medicine.
Current National Collaborations
(*shared supervision of PhD student(s))
- Karin Pettersson*, MD, PhD. Head of obstetrics. Expertise: Senior Consultant Obstetrics at Karolinska University Hospital.
- Lars Navér*, MD, PhD Section Manager Neonatal operations. Expertise: Senior Consultant Neonatology and Pediatrics at Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge
- Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren*, Professor, CIM, MedH, KI. Innate and adaptive immunity, collaborator in the SARS-CoV-2 project.
- Jan Albert, Professor. MTC, KI. Expertise: Viral epidemiology and dynamics.
- Marcus Buggert, PhD, Associate Professor, CIM, KI, Huddinge. Expertise: world-leading knowledge in cell sorting, gene expression, transcriptional and epigenetic profiling of tissue-resident T cells.
- Linda Björkhem Bergman, MD, PhD. Clinical collaborator for evaluation for T cell responses in elderly for which we have received a collaborative grant.
- Kristina Broliden*, Professor and Annelie Tjärnlund*, Associate Prof., KI, Solna. Expertise: In situ immunohistochemistry and fluorescence staining and analysis of tissue sections.
- Christian Giske, Professor/senior physician, Head of Division of Clinical Microbiology, LABMED, KI. Expertise: Microbiota and antimicrobial resistance.
- Ujjwal Neogi, PhD, Associate Professor, Division of Clinical Microbiology, LABMED, KI. Expertise: Systems Virology, Immuno-metabolism.
- Marion Humbert*, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, CIM, MedH, KI. COVID project/T cell immunology.
- Piotr Nowak*, MD, PhD, Adjunct senior lecurer, Team Leader, MedH, KI. Senior Consultant, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge. Expertise: Microbiome, Infectious Disease Specialist.
- Marianne Jansson, Professor. Lund University. Expretise: HIV-1 and HIV-2 host interactions.
- Erik Melén, Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Clinical Sciences and Education Södersjukhuset, KI. Pediatric allergist, Sachs´ Children’s Hospital. PI of the BAMSE study.
- Maria Jenmalm, Professor. Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences (BKV), Division of Inflammation and Infection, Linköpings Universitet. Expertise: Clinical immunology in children.
- Eva Sverremark Ekström, Professor in immunology at the Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute (MBW), Stockholm University.
Current International Collaborations
- Alba Grifoni, Researh Assistant Professor. La Jolla Institutet for Immunology, San Diego, USA. Expertise: Viral epitopes and recognition by T cells
- Ole Lund, Professor, and Morten Nielsen, Professor. Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark. Expertise: Cutting-edge bioinformatics to tackle complex virus-host interactions and ability to predict MHC restricted viral epitopes.
- Emma Hodcroft, postdoc, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne, Switzerland. The core Nextstrain group. Providing sequence information, viral epidemiology, involving current and past spread of endemic human coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2.
- Fridtjof Lund-Johansen, PhD, Group leader, Protein Array Group, ImmunoLingo convergence center at University of Oslo. Expertise: Antibody responses.
We gratefully receive financial support for our research from several organizations, currently from:
KID-funding. Internal KI funding for doctoral education