Function A: Carrying out minor procedures in research - zebrafish
Compulsory course for all persons working with laboratory animals and who do not have previous qualifications in laboratory animal science, or who need to document their qualifications. The course is species specific, equivalent to EU Module 1-8 which includes Function C and D (the course is equivalent to FELASA Category B level).
Apply for the zebrafish Function A course (5530)
Accepted qualification from an EU member state
For those coming from abroad with a mutually accepted qualification from an EU Member State, please contact email@example.com for a competence assessment.
General information about the course
- Successful completion of the course will grant you a course certificate.
- The course is for those who do not have previous qualifications in laboratory animal science for the specific species or need to document their previous qualifications.
- All students at research education level are awarded 1.0 university credits for successful completion of the course.
- All submitted online applications will be processed once a week, Wednesdays 07.30 am-4.00 pm. You will receive an e-mail when the course activities are available for you in Canvas. Courses start continuously online.
- Make sure your application is complete! If the application form is not properly completed it will not be processed. Applications where no proper ZZ reference code, project number or a valid KI email/official email address have been entered will not be considered. Do not use your private e-mail address in the application form.
Species specific education and training
This is a compulsory course in laboratory animal science for all persons at Karolinska Institutet who do research on zebrafish which are 5 days or older. The course consists of a theoretical, web-based component, and a practical component. You need to pass both parts of the course before you can start working with the animals in an animal facility.
Practical skills module
The practical skills module of this Function A course will be carried out at the zebrafish core facility at Karolinska Institutet, Solna Campus.The subsequent examination is based on defined practical learning outcomes for zebrafish.
To book your practical session for any species at Karolinska Institutet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org