SIREUS – Platform for increased talent mobility between Sweden and the USA
SIREUS, a three year long collaboration project between SACC-USA, and 12 Swedish universities, focuses on knowledge exchange in innovation, science and entrepreneurship and increased talent mobility for students and researchers between Sweden and the USA.
SIREUS is a collaboration project, launched on February 1st 2022, between Karolinska Institutet, SACC-USA, the Swedish Embassy in Washington (USA) and 11 other Swedish universities. The project will establish and operate a structured platform for increased talent mobility and knowledge exchange between Sweden and the USA in the areas of innovation, science and entrepreneurship.
The focus of the SIREUS project is to:
- Strengthen the collaboration and increasing the number of students, trainees and researchers participating in exchange programs between Swedish and American universities
- Strengthen the bilateral collaboration in research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Strengthening the attractiveness of Sweden as a destination for studies, research, and internships
- Strengthen the collaboration between Swedish universities and Swedish-American businesses
SIREUS will ultimately help universities and the business communities in both countries secure the competence needs for tomorrow and promote Sweden as a nation of knowledge.
The project is managed by the Swedish American Chambers of Commerce - SACC-USA with a network of 19 regional chambers; bilateral business and talent network, 2,500 members and some 300 events a year.
“We are currently facing a global competition for competence and talent. International triple helix partnerships, such as SIREUS, are essential to secure access to relevant competencies to fully explore and take advantage of the new emerging technologies.” says Michael Andersson, Chairman of SACC-USA.
Participating Swedish universities
- Chalmers University of Technology
- Gothenburg University
- Jönköping University
- Karolinska Institute
- KTH, Royal Institute of Technology
- Linköping University
- Linnaeus University
- Lund University
- Luleå University of Technology
- Mid Sweden University
- Mälardalen University
- Uppsala University
For more information please contact: