KI Alumni Vietnam Chapter
KI Alumni Vietnam is an offically recognized global alumni chapter of Karolinska Institutet.
With formal recognition of KI Alumni Vietnam chapter in 2017, KI confirms the importance and value of keeping in contact with our alumni. KI Alumni & Friends will work with our alumni ambassador and the alumni board to facilitate communication between the KI community, alumni and prospective students through the KI Alumni Vietnam chapter network.
Chapter Profile - KI Alumni Vietnam
Alumni Ambassador: Nguyễn Thị Thanh Hương
Number of members: 48
Approval by KI President: October 2017
The Chapter is supported by the KI Alumni Office, and collaborates with the Sweden Vietnam Alumni Network, a network endorsed by the Swedish Institute.
KI Alumni Vietnam Board Member Profiles
Nguyễn Thị Thanh Hương, MD, PhD
Education at KI: PhD (2012). Dept of Women and Children's Health (KBH). Thesis: Osteoporosis, a major health problem in Vietnam: lifestyle factors and determinants of bone mass.
- Vice Head - Department of Physiology, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Vice President of Dinh Tien Hoang Institute of Medicine (DTHIM), Group Leader of Research Program on Bone - Endocrinology - & Reproduction, Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Thang Trinh, MD, PhD
Education at KI: PhD (2016). Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (MEB). Thesis: Determinants of breast cancer risk with a focus on mammography
- Founder and Teacher at Than Lan Con English Center. Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Editor of English language at DMH Translation Agency. Hanoi, Vietnam.
Linus Olson, M. Med Tech & Sci, PhD
Education at KI: PhD (2011). Dept of Women and Children's Health (KBH). Thesis : Neonatal Asphyxia: Clinical and Animal Studies Including Development of a Simple, Safe Method for Therapeutic Hypothermia With Global Applicability
- Researcher - Department of Public Health Sciences, KI and Pediatric hospital. Hanoi, Vietnam.
- TRAC Sweden Vietnam collaborator
KI Alumni Vietnam Launch Events - Saturday 16 June 2018- Sunday 17 June 2018
A launch event to celebrate KI Alumni Vietnam took place on Saturday 16 June 2018 at The Reed Hotel, Ninh Bình, Vietnam. A traditional Vietnamese dinner for all KI alumni and friends occurred following the inaugural Global Health and Bio-IT conference, during which Dr. Huong received formal acknowledgement for her role as Alumni Ambassador for KI Alumni Vietnam global chapter.
A Walk-a-thon for chapter members was held at 6:00 on Sunday 17 June 2018, in collaboration with the local health department and affiliates of the Dinh Tien Hoang Institute of Medicine.