Regional University Hospital in Málaga Spain (IBIMA)
This lab mainly focuses on research into Multiple Sclerosis. They are in search of new biomarkers in MS, assess immunogenicity of MS biologics, genetics and pharmacogenetics of the disease, immunological mechanisms, and stem cell therapy in patients with MS.
This lab mainly focuses on research into Multiple Sclerosis:
- Established biomarkers in clinical practice and search of new biomarkers in MS
- Genetics and pharmacogenetics of MS
- Immunological mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of MS
- Study of drug targets in the mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalitis (EAE)
- Autologous adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cell therapy in patients with MS
- Determination of natalizumab antibodies with ELISA
- Determination of neutralising ADA against interferon-β with CPE (A549/EMCV assay) technique
This research laboratory is the only laboratory accredited by Biogen in Spain, spreading this service to all the hospitals throughout the Iberian peninsula.