Etanercept is used to treat
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Plaque psoriasis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
- It is an anti-TNF biologic that differs from adalimumab and Infliximab, as it contains a TNFR2 structure to bind TNF instead of a classical Fab antibody segment
- It is administered through subcutaneous injection once a week.
- In 2016, €1.6 billion was spent on this drug in Europe.
- It has an immunogenicity rate of 3-6%.
Labs that test for drug level:
Labs that test for ADA titre: