Cognition and Language Disorders
Projekt group leader
Neurological diseases often affect brain regions that are necessary for language use. Functions taken for granted by most of us can become impaired, including finding the appropriate words and keeping the thread of an ongoing conversation. Projects that we participate in focus on aphasia and the broader category of cognitive-communication disorders.
Project group members
|Per Östberg||Associate prof, PhD||Project group leader|
|Ellika Schalling||Associate prof, SLP||Researcher|
|Marika Schütz||SLP||Master student|
|Fredrik Sand||SLP||Doctoral student|
- Intensive rehabilitation of aphasia
- Syntactic complexity and cognition
- Central auditory dysfunction in primary hearing assessment (with Esma Idrizbegovic, Christina Hederstierna, Jeanette Hägerström, Ulf Rosenhall)
- Östberg P, Backlund C, Lindström E. Convergent and diagnostic validity of STAVUX, a word and nonword spelling test for adults. Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology,, 2015 11 1-5.
- Walterfang M, Luders E, Looi JCL, Rajagopalan R, Velakoulis D, Thompson PM, Lindberg O, Östberg P, Nordin LE, Svensson L, Wahlund LO. Shape analysis of the corpus callosum in Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal lobar degeneration subtypes. J Alzheimers Dis 2014;40:897-906.
- Cederlöf M, Östberg P, Pettersson E, Anckarsäter H, Gumpert C, Lundström S, Lichtenstein P. Language and mathematical problems as precursors of psychotic-like experiences and juvenile mania symptoms. Psychological Medicine 2014;44:1293-302.
- Blom Johansson M, Carlsson M, Östberg P, Sonnander K. A multiple-case study of a family-oriented intervention practice in the early rehabilitation phase of persons with aphasia. Aphasiology 2013;27:201-26.
- Blom Johansson M, Carlsson M, Östberg P, Sonnander K. Communication changes and SLP services according to significant others of persons with aphasia. Aphasiology 2012;26:1005-28.
- Östberg P, Hansson V, Häägg S. Adult norms and test-retest reliability for the Months Backward test: Durational and response accuracy measures. Logoped Phoniatr Vocol 2012;37:11-17.
- Östberg P, Bogdanović N. Semantic dementia with lower motor neuron disease showing FTLD-TDP type 3 pathology (sensu Mackenzie). Neuropathology 2011;31:271-9.