Swedish Cancer Research Meeting 2014
The 3rd Swedish Cancer Research Meeting will take place at Karolinska Institutet, Aula Medica, September 2-3, 2014.
The meeting will cover a wide area of cancer research including epidemiology, tumor biology/pathology, clinical oncology and drug development and also address research/society issues such as interactions between academic research, healthcare system and industry and access to equal care.
Satellite event Sept 1
On September 1st at 5.30 pm we also invite you to a satellite event organized jointly with The Swedish Cancer Society (Cancerfonden) on the topic "Swedish cancer research – how do we become world leading?".
Confirmed invited speakers
Charles Sawyers, Memorian Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA
Plenary & Workshops:
- Akkari, Leila - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Blasco, María - CNIO, Madrid, Spain
- Borg, Åke - Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- Capetillo, Óscar Fernandez - CNIO, Madrid, Spain
- Chan, Timothy A. - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Downward, Julian - Cancer Research UK, London, UK
- Glimelius, Bengt - Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Helleday, Thomas - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Johansson, Mattias - IARC, Lyon, France
- Kerr, David - University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Kiessling, Rolf - Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Lane, David - Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore
- Pharoah, Paul - University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Pietras, Kristian - Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- Tejpar, Sabine - KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- Valiente, Manuel - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Winton, Doug - Cancer Research UK, Cambridge, UK
- Wolchok, Jedd D. - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
- Yates, Lucy - The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, UK
- Zeleniuch-Jacquotte, Anne - New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
- Zhang, Feng - BROAD Institute MIT, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
The three strategic cancer research networks StratCan, U-CAN and BioCare are delighted to announce the upcoming 3rd Swedish Cancer Meeting which continues the tradition established by the two previous meetings held in Malmö (2012) and Uppsala (2013). For this year´s meeting the Regional Cancer Center, Stockholm/Gotland (RCC) has been added as organizers, illustrating the interest of the networks to interact with the larger cancer health care system.
- David Lane (A*STAR)
- Julian Downward (Cancer Research UK)
- Sabine Tejpar (KU Leuven)
Arne Östman, Rune Toftgård, Sonia Lain, Anders Lundqvist and Sandra Falck (StratCan)
Lena Claesson-Welsh and Richard Palmqvist (U-CAN)
Göran Stenman and Thoas Fioretos (BioCare)
Roger Henriksson (RCC)
The planned program will encompass four plenary sessions and two workshop sessions, each with four thematic workshops. Approximately 15 invited speakers, at the highest international level, will give presentations.