Blue Sky Research Grant for Innovative Cancer Research 2017
The Strategic Research Programme in Cancer (StratCan) is announcing a project grant within cancer research for a well-defined innovative pilot project aiming at demonstrating proof of principle.
About the grant
The project should be of a "high risk and high reward" type that cannot yet attract conventional funding. The aim should be to obtain proof of principle and thereby provide the basis to obtain other funding. The project should be unrelated to the applicant´s already funded projects.
The call is open for all post-docs and PIs at KI and the research should be placed at Karolinska Institutet.
The grant is a one-year grant amounting to SEK 500 000 + 25 % INDI and can cover all kinds of project-related costs, except for stipends.
The project will be assessed with regard to originality and potential impact. Members of the StratCan Executive board will select a short-list of high-quality applications that subsequently will be subjected to external assessment.
Grant announcement for printing (pdf)
The application should be written in English and contain the following documents (in this order) compiled into a single pdf file:
- Research program (five pages maximum, including references)
- CV of the principal investigator (including current funding, see instructions below)
- Publication list (see instructions below)
- Project budget (simplified and short, free format)
Please send your application marked "Blue Sky Award" to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is September 15th, 2017.
The CV should be written according to the following template:
- Current position, period of appointment, share of time spent in research.
- Previous positions and periods of appointment.
- Specialist certification or equivalent (year, discipline/subject area).
- Qualification as research fellow/associate professor (year).
- Postdoctoral experience (year, placement).
- Doctoral degree (year, discipline/subject area, dissertation title, supervisor).
- Higher education degree (year, subject area).
- Interruptions in research. If active research time has been interrupted to the extent that it affected the opportunity to acquire qualifications, e.g. by parental leave, clinical qualification or similar reasons (specify reason, time and dates).
- Fellowships, awards and commissions of trust.
- Current funding.
Finally, provide any additional information of importance to the application.
Publication list format
The publication list should contain your publications for the last eight years (2009-2017) in reversed chronological order. Please mark your ten most important publications with an asterisk and emphasize your own name in bold.
Categorize your publications:
- Peer-reviewed original articles in international journals
- Peer-reviewed conference contributions (the results of which are not presented in other publications)
- Review articles, book chapters, books