Expression of Interest to work in affiliation with the Centre for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Campus Flemingsberg
The Centre for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (CBB) is a virtual center located at the Karolinska Institutet’s (KI's) Campus Flemingsberg. CBB is in its upstart phase since February 2021.
The centre offers expertise and scientific networking opportunities to the pre-clinical and clinical research environment. Activities of the centre include mentoring for early-stage researchers (PhD students and postdocs), support for project planning and grant writing, as well as seminars and discussion groups around bioinformatics and biostatistics methods and their application to biomedical data.
We are now looking for up to three bioinformaticians or biostatisticians to work with up to 30% of their time for CBB with corresponding compensation of the salary costs to their employer.
The requirements about you and the tasks we would like you to perform at CBB:
- You have a PhD with extensive experiences in bioinformatics or biostatistics.
- You are employed at a research group at Campus Flemingsberg, either at Karolinska Institutet or at the Karolinska University Hospital.
- You will work for CBB with up to 30% of a full-time equivalent working time for one year with a possibility for extension.
- Your tasks will include some of the below:
- Advising researchers related to bioinformatics or biostatistics research questions during scheduled meetings.
- Being bioinformatics or biostatistics mentor for postdocs or PhD students.
- Help writing personnel recruitment open call documents and evaluate applicants.
- Invite seminar speakers and organise CBB seminars.
- Help organising and/or conducting undergraduate or graduate courses.
We are offering:
- Contributing in the upstart and development of the CBB
- Being part of the CBB scientific network
- Exciting work environment
Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 2021-04-16