The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet
The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet, which appoints the laureates, consists of 50 members selected from the professors at Karolinska Institutet. Through its work with the Nobel Prize, Karolinska Institutet has gained a priceless contact network and a unique insight into medical research findings around the globe.
The nomination process
This is how the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is awarded.
- The Nobel Assembly appoints an advisory committee, the Nobel Committee, which handles the preparations.
- Representatives of the medical science community are welcome to propose candidates.
- The Nobel Committee processes the received nominations before they are presented to the Nobel Assembly.
- The Nobel Assembly makes the decision.
- The award ceremony takes place on 10 December each year at the Stockholm Concert Hall