International staff

Karolinska Institutet (KI) offers support service for international researchers and doctoral students. Here you can find all kinds of necessary information when preparing yourself for stay in Sweden and Karolinska Institutet.

Planning your moving to Sweden

Visa and residence permit

If you plan to stay in Sweden longer than three months and are not a citizen of a Nordic/EU/EEA country, you will need to contact the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket).


Housing in StockholmThere is a shortage of rental flats in Stockholm and the waiting lists for a room or a flat are generally long. If you need an accommodation, we advise you to contact an accommodation agency to have your name placed on a waiting list.

Find out more about accommodation at our website

Prior your travel and upon arrival Stockholm, Sergels torg at night

Other things you might need to arrange prior to your travel to Sweden and upon arrival

Check information at our staff portal