Faculty Funded Career Positions
Karolinska Institutet launches an investent programme to recruit leading junior researchers with particularly outstanding scientific merits and future potential.
Application deadline for 2018 announcement has been passed.
2018-06-21: External review is in progress
- Research assistant: Of a total of 178 (eligible) applications, 38 have been passed for external review.
- Researcher 2 years: 22 out of 22 (eligible) applications have been passed for external review.
- Researcher 5 years: Of a total of 84 (eligible) applications, 38 have been passed for external review.
Assistant professor: October 15 - 16.
Senior Researcher 5 years: October 11 and 15.
Number of applicants:
Assistant professor - 187
Senior Researcher 2 years - 25
Senior Researcher 5 years - 88
Number of applicants found not eligible (concerned applicants have been informed)
Assistant professor - 6
Senior Researcher 5 years - 4
All researchers in receipt of these strategic funds are expected to work as research group leaders. The investments are being made in medical science for both pre-clinical and clinical research and include:
- Up to 12 positions as assistant professor (four years)
- Up to eight positions as senior researcher (extensions of existing assistant professorships at KI, two years financing)
- Up to eight positions as senior researcher (five years financing). The appointments are financed by KI’s Board of Research.
Read more about the positions
Questions about the announcement?
Academic Appointments Unit
Information about positions as Assistant Professor
Up to 12 positions as Assistant Professor. More information about financing, eligibility, application documents and overview regarding the recruitment process.
Information about positions as Senior Researcher (2 y)
Up to 8 positions as Senior Researcher. More information about financing, eligibility, application documents and overview regarding the recruitment process.