2012: PhD in Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2012 to now: Postdoctoral Study at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge.
Chronic inflammation bridges obesity with type 2 diabetes by affecting energy metabolism in metabolic tissues. My Study is aiming to encrypt epigenomic mechanisms underlying macrophage inflammation, as well as adjacent tissue inflammatory response to metabolic (and over-nutritional) signals.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- Best short talk. 7th endometrial SRP Diabetes Joint Retreat. Stockholm, 2017.
- Best Poster Award for completed work. 6th endometrial SRP Diabetes Joint Retreat. Stockholm, 2016.
- Invited speaker at EMBO Conference on Nuclear Receptor. Ajaccio, 2015.
- Invited speaker and awarded the Distinguished Young researcher at Bayer 2nd Asia-Pacific Diabetes Forum. Taipei, 2010.
- Invited speaker and awarded the Distinguished Young Investigator at the 5th China Endocrinology Congress. Taipei, 2008.