Adjunct Professor of Epidemiology, former Chair, Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health
Emeritus Professor of Cancer Epidemiology, former Chair, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet.
Member of the Board European Academy of Cancer Sciences
Member of the Board, the International Network for the Demographic Evaluation of Populations and Their Health (INDEPTH)
MD 1969, PhD 1978, docent (Assistant Professor) 1979, professor 1990.
- Women's lifestyle and health (WLH)
- The Nordic-European Initiative on Colorectal Cancer (NordICC)
- Radical prostatectomy versus watchful waiting in early prostate cancer: Scandinavian Prostate Cancer Group Study Number 4 (SPCG-4)
- Gene-environment-EBV interactions in the etiology of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)
- A Prospective Study on Type, Persistence, and Viral Load of Human Papillomavirus in the Etiology of Carcinoma of the Cervix
- The Nordic Twin Study of Cancer (NorTwinCan)
- Partnership for Cohort Research and Training (PaCT)
- The European Polyp Surveillance Trials (EPoS)
Current research grants (as PI)
- The Swedish Research Council; time period 01/01/12-12/31/14: A prospective study of womens lifestyle and health
- Distinguished Professor Award: time period 01/01/11-12/31/15: The purpose of this grant for distinguished professors at the Karolinska Institutet is to provide basic support and flexibility for unspecified research initiatives.
- NIH/NCI: time period 09/22/08-07/31/13: Gene-environment EBV interactions in the etiology of NPC