Using Computation and Systems Biology to Further the Understanding of Cancer
The StratCan Interactive Summer School in Cancer 2014 focuses on the topic Using Computation and Systems Biology to Further the Understanding of Cancer. The summer school will be held August 30 - September 1 in the Stockholm Archipelago.
Summer school themes
The summer School themes are:
- Peter Csermely (Semmelweis University, Budapest)
- Vladimir Kuznetsov (A*Star, Singapore)
- Jussi Taipale (Science For Life Laboratory, Karolinska Institute)
- Rory Stark (Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Institute)
- Carsten Daub (Science For Life Laboratory, Karolinska Institute)
- Lukas Käll (Science For Life Laboratory, Stockholm University)
- Leroy Hood (Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, pending)
- Sui Huang / Ilya Shmulevich (Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, pending)
The Summer School 2014 is held at Vår Gård Saltsjöbaden in the Stockholm Archipelago, Sweden. There will be bustransportation arranged from Stockholm city to the venue and back. Also, please note that the Swedish Cancer Research meeting is held September 2-3 at Karolinska Institutet for those interest to attend both.
The Summer School is open to PhD-students and PostDocs. The participants (the number is limited to 30) will be expected to work on small projects during the course.
Accepted participants will be charged a registration fee of 90 Euros. Remaining costs for accommodation and participation will be free of charge (sponsored by StratCan).
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 15th of July, 2014 and include:
- an abstract that presents the applicant’s research
- a brief statement of motivation (max 1 A4 page in total)
- a brief CV (including contact address, email and mobile number).
The 2014 StratCan interactive Summer School is organized by Andrey Alexeyenko and Ingemar Ernberg.