I am a doctoral student at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics under the main supervisor of Paul Lambert. I am working with the development and application of statistical methods for the analysis of population-based cancer studies.
- MSc Medical Statistics, University of Leicester, UK
- BSc Mathematics, University of Birmingham, UK
The title of my PhD project is "More flexible and informative methods for the analysis of population-based cancer studies". The specific aims are:
- To assess the ability of flexible parametric survival models in capturing time-dependent effects.
- To develop and assess the methodology for estimating the loss in expectation of life, a measure which quantifies the reduction in the life expectancy due to a diagnosis of cancer.
- To estimate the loss in expectation of life in Swedish patients with haematological malignancies and breast cancer.