Admission and registration
Before application for admission, the PhD position must be advertised via Mynetwork. Advertisement must occur during at least three weeks. Contact the administrator for doctoral education at the department for advertisement of the position. The application for admission to doctoral education should be handed in at the latest 2 weeks before the coming admission seminar.
Scheduled Admission Seminars autumn term 2016
|Admission seminar||Deadline for application|
|September 1, 13.00||August 18, 16.00|
|October 19, 13.00||October 5, 16.00|
|November 23, 13.00||November 9, 16.00|
The application (NOT stapled!) should be composed of
- (*) By KI approved assessment of eligibility (Form 1)
- "Application for admission to graduate studies" (Form 2)
- "Individual study plan" and enclosures (CVs, ethical permissions/applications, documents on supervisors' training in supervision) (Form 3)
- A project plan (max. 5 pages) describing aim/hypothesis, background, material/methods, preliminary results, references and also the role of the student in the project
- Copy of ID, passport or "personbevis"
(*) Note! The assessment of eligibility has to be sent in advance to the Education Support Office (Avdelningen för utbildnings- och forskarutbildningsstöd) at KI for decision (see information on the form). The decision should then be enclosed with the application for admission to doctoral studies.
Hand in the application to Linda Kjellson, Administrator for the doctoral education at Oncology-Pathology, tel: 08-517 707 01, building Z1:00
The project plan should be presented in English at the admission seminar. The presentation should last for 10 minutes and will be followed by questions. A separate invitation will be sent to the applicant and the main supervisor approx. one week before the meeting.
The Admissions Board decision
on the application is then made behind closed doors. The applicant and the main supervisor will be informed on the decision by e-mail.