Call for abstract - 25th Annual Conference
Karolinska Institutet and Mayo Clinic are celebrating its 25-year partnership in collaborative research, education and innovation. This year’s conference will be held at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, on September 23-24, 2019. The partnership steering committee is pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral presentation (20 minutes) or poster within any of the areas listed below.
To submit a proposed abstract, complete the online submission form by June 23, 2019 at 2019 Mayo Clinic-Karolinska Institutet Annual Research Meeting Abstract Submission
- Submissions that highlight current or potential future Mayo Clinic collaborations with Karolinska Institutet will be given priority.
- Oral presentations are 20 minutes, including 5 minutes for discussion.
- Abstracts not selected for oral presentation may be invited for poster presentation. Abstracts invited for oral presentation may opt to also present a poster.
- Presenters are expected to provide an outcomes summary and suggestions for improvements to future meetings.
The deadline for abstracts is June 23, 2019
Invitees will be announced in mid‐June.
To ensure the latest research results presented, abstracts may be revised up to August 16, 2019. The final program will be available late August at KI-Mayo Collaboration Platform
Submissions that highlight current or potential future Karolinska ‐ Mayo collaborations will be given priority. Chairs are responsible for coordinating break‐out sessions. Please contact Chairs for questions regarding breakout sessions.
Breakout and session chairs for for this years conference are
- Diabetes and Metabolism - Chairs KI Dr. Olav Rooyakers and Dr. Jorge Ruas, Chairs MC Sreekumaran Nair, M.D., Ph.D., Adrian Vella, M.D.
- Cancer - Chairs KI Dr. Klas Wiman and Dr. Theodoros Foukakis, Chairs MC Dev Mukhopadhyay, Ph.D., Andrea Wahner Hendrickson, M.D.
- Regenerative Medicine - Chairs KI Dr. Cecilia Österholm and Dr. Ewa Ellis, Chairs MC David Lott, M.D., Andre van Wijnen, Ph.D., Anthony Windebank, M.D.
- Psychiatry - Chair KI Dr. Martin Schalling, Chair MC Mark Frye, M.D.
- Education - Charis KI Dr. Gunnar Nilsson and Dr. Annika Östman Wernerson, Chairs MC Jim Maher, Ph.D., Heather Billings, Ph.D.
- Autoimmune Disorders - Chairs KI Dr. Elisabet Svenungsson and Dr. Vilija Oke, Chair MC Vanda Lennon, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cardiology - Chairs KI Dr. Magnus Bäck and Dr. Elham Hedayati, Chairs MC Joerg Herrmann, M.D., Jordan D. Miller, Ph.D.
- Health Care Management - Chairs KI Dr. Pamela Mazzocato and Anna Göjeryd-Ullander, Chairs MC Sean Clark, Nneka Confere, M.D.
- Individualized Medicine - Chair KI Dr. Richard Rosenquist Brandell, Chairs MC Eric Klee, Ph.D., Hutton Kearney, Ph.D.
- Care Science - Chair Dr. Ulrica Nilsson, Chairs MC Dr. Linda Chlan
More information about the conference and registration on www.ki.se/mayo