StratCan-KICancer catalyzes international networks and collaborations in line with KI’s international policy.
Cancer Core Europe
Six leading cancer centers have joined forces to form Cancer Core Europe - a European cancer association carrying out innovative research propelling cancer medicine into a new era. Karolinska Institutet is one of the member institutes of Cancer Core Europe:
- Cambridge Cancer Centre
- German Cancer Research Center & National Center for Tumor Diseases
- Gustave Roussy
- Karolinska Institutet
- Netherlands Cancer Institute
- Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology
MD Anderson Cancer Center
In May 2013 KI signed a "Sister Institution Agreement" with MD Anderson Cancer Center. MD Anderson Cancer Center is a top-ranked comprehensive cancer center in the United States. The signing ceremony was held at KI accompanied by a mini-symposium with prominent international speakers.
StratCan-KICancer administers the collaborative efforts with MD Anderson and serves as the contact point at KI.
The primary joint efforts include:
- Participating in the SINF (Sister Institution Network Fund) grant announcement for collaborative grants. The KI-MDACC Collaborative grant/ SINF has been announced yearly since 2013 and so far five projects have received funding (funding of the KI partner by StratCan).
- Participating in the annual GAP meeting. The meeting is held every second year at MD Anderson in Houston Texas and every second year hosted abroad at a Sister Institution. KI/StratCan has participated in the meetings annually since start.
StratCan collaborates with The German Cancer Research Center (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, DKFZ). Presently two research projects are jointly funded through this collaboration.