The Infrastructure Committee
Infrastructure is becoming increasingly important in research and education at Karolinska Institutet, in strategic-academic as well as financial terms. The role of the Infrastructure Committee is to coordinate resources and investments within KI, in relation to Region Stockholm as well as to national and international initiatives. The committee reports formally to the Faculty Board and focuses for the moment mainly on research infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Committee is responsible for core-facilities and research equipment.
The committee members will serve for three years, starting 2017-2019, and work in groups with the following focus areas:
- Core facilities, Anna Falk
- Imaging, Stefan Eriksson
- Electron microscopy, Lennart Nilsson
- Research Data Office (RDO) and e-infrastructure, Ellenor Mittendorfer-Rutz
- High activity sealed source (HASS), Lars Frelin
Composition of the Infrastructure Committee
The Infrastructure Committee is led by the vice dean of infrastructure, and constitutes of members from both KI’s academic and administrative sectors. The committee is also at liberty to co-opt and engage additional members. It currently comprises of the following members:
|Phone:||+46 (0) 8-524 871 96|
Members elected by the three faculty boards:
- Lars Frelin, Board of Research
- Cecilia Götherström, Board of Research
- Ellenor Mittendorfer-Rutz, Board of Research
- Lennart Nilsson, Board of Doctoral Education
- Lars-Arne Haldosén, Board of Education
- Marianne Schultzberg, Board of Doctoral Education
Student representative: Daniel Holl
- Boel Brynedal, Representative of Junior Faculty
- Marie Carlén, Researcher Neuro
- Anna Falk, Core Facility Coordinator
- Lennart Ilke, Facilities Director
- Magnus Nordenskjöld, Representative for the R&D Director at Karolinska University Hospital
- Ingrid Palmér, Director of Planning
- Juni Palmgren, Researcher MEB
- Katja Petzold, Researcher MBB
- Antonio Gigliotti Rothfuchs, Chairperson Biosafety Committee
- Johannes Wilbertz, Comparative Medicine
The committee will receive central administrative support from the Faculty Office and External Relations. The aim is for the appointments to reflect a fair geographic spread and represent the interests of different parts of the organisation.
Board Meetings spring 2019
Tuesday 29 January at 15:00 to 17:00.
Wednesday 20 February at 15:15 to 17:15.
Friday 22 March at 14:30 to 16:30.
Minutes from the Infrastructure Committee are only available in Swedish.
News about infrastructure at KI
|Open announcement for additional national NBIS services||12 Nov 2018|
|Investment in electron microscopy||18 Oct 2018|
|SEK 160 million to expensive instruments||24 Sep 2018|
|KI SNIC coordinator wanted||20 Aug 2018|