The Facility Management organisation
Photo: John Sennett
The Facility Management (FM) team is responsible for the infrastructure and service in Biomedicum, providing coordination, initiation, monitoring and performance of the shared facilities and features in the building. The Organisation will actively contribute to improve the environment for core business performance in order to achieve business goals and visions.
The Facility Management unit handles a great variety of requests. If we can't take solve your request within our unit, we will forward it to the responsible party, e.g. the IT Office, Akademiska Hus (who owns KI's facilities), etc.
Acting Head of unit
- Responsible for ongoing budget work, forecasts, follow-up and financial analysis
- Responsible for of shared economic and real estate related tasks
- Support and coordination of routines and issues related to chemical safety, biosafety, radiation safety and fire safety.
- Waste management routines
- Ensuring and facilitating that laws and regulations are followed
- Improvements of process to fulfill KI's environmental and sustainability goals
- Support when adjusting/making changes in the premises
- Part of the Work Environment group in Biomedicum
- Liquid nitrogen education and coordination
- BSL-3 education and coordination of the core facility
Service and technique
- Technical support
- Handling of liquid nitrogen incl. delivery to your quarter
- In-house transport of gas tubes
- Call out service 24 hours a day (freezer alarm)
- Coordination of low temperature storage
- Local planning and property issues
- Coordination of service of equipment and instruments
- Purchase coordination
- Assistance and support procurement
- Service Center floor 3
- Access and cards
- Common labs (dark rooms and more)
- Coffee machines
- Lunch rooms
- Emergency stations
- Angelica Arribada Arcaya
- Andreas Adolfsson
- Michael Elm
- Panos Kazantzis
- Ahmad Moshref
- Boje Persson
- Iréne Remmel
- Veronica Godoy Valenzuela
Goods and Logistics
- Goods and mail management - internal transport of all deliveries
- Logistics in cargo reception
- Waste handling from quarters to floor 2
- Providing and managing an in-house supply center with lab-related products like gloves, tips, tubes and more according to KI's frame agreements
- Delivery from the in-house supply center to your quarter KI Supply Center in Biomedicum
- Pontus Anstedt
- Johan Engström
- Benny Gustavsson
- Frida Holmqvist
- Torbjörn Laggar
- Dana Omar Goran
- Janet Castro
- Lottie Jansson Sjöstrand
- Hina Mohsin
Central lab washing
- Collecting used lab glass ware, solutions, items and lab coats from quarters to floor 2
- Lab washing
- Transport of clean/sterile lab glass ware, solutions, items and lab coats to storage rooms
FM Helpdesk – How to place a ticket
FM Helpdesk handles most of the services and support in Biomedicum, including maintenance requests to Akademiska Hus.
Please note that issues related to furnishing and shelves will be handled as soon as possible after the five departments have moved in to Biomedicum.
How to Login
- Login to FM Helpdesk with your KI-ID
- Select one of the three options relating to your case - if you select 'Service and Support' choose one of the categories below
- Fill out the form (be as specific as possible). NB! Only one issue per form.
- Your request will be handled as soon as possible.
- Relocation related issues for example furnishing and shelves, adjustment of the installed furniture, etc.
- Goods and logistic for example help with In-house transport of chemicals, Logistics in cargo reception
- Dish washing and lab coats for example help with dish washing of special glass ware, autoclaving of lab coats.
- Technical service for example smaller installations, reports to Akademiska Hus, help with transport of e.g. gas tubes
- Waste management for example if you need help with transport of waste to floor 2.
- Work environment/Safety for example any work environment, safety or security related issued
- Procurement for example help with purchase of large items, finding correct frame agreements, etc
- Miscellaneous for example ordering of ethanol until Supply Center opens, cleaning etc
For quick questions – please use firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also reach FM Helpdesk via the reception during office hours (08:00 – 17:00) at + 46 (0)8-524 86 400