Skype for Business (Lync)
All employees at or associates to Karolinska Institutet can use the application Skype for Business.
Skype for Business (previously known as Lync) is a service for professional collaboration and meetings – all integrated with your Office apps and with enterprise-grade security.
With Skype for Business you can:
- send instant messages
- arrange online meetings (with up to 250 persons)
- share documents
- see your contacts' online statuses
- schedule meetings in Outlook
Contact the IT-coordinator at your department who will have access to the software.
Some tips for getting started
- Instead of adding your colleagues separately, you can add your whole department instantly. You just type in “UF_” in the field “Find someone”. Then you will see all available departments. When you have found your department, right click on the name and choose then “Add to Contacts List”.
- In order to add a video call in your Outlook calendar, click on “New Skype Meeting”. Fill in the information as usual and send to the participants.
- Start a Skype call by finding the person that you want to talk to and right click on their name. Under “Call”, you choose “Skype call”.
- If you want to use a profile picture, send the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will help you upload it. The picture will also be used in Outlook and is only visible within KI.
Log in Skype for Business
Log in with your KI address and password.
In case the log in fails, please click "Logga in".
Change your username to your KI-ID.
Log in Lync2013
Log in Lync2011
Click "Advanced" in order to show the advanced settings.
Change the server info to:
Office support - manuals and FAQ.
Please note that the application is currently under evaluation by the central IT-office, which means that there is no user support and system maintenance as well as disturbances can occur during the day. For further questions, please contact KI's IT support.