Denna sida på svenska

Salary setting and review

Salary setting is based on the central salary collective agreement (RALS). Salaries are set on objectively and business-based criteria.

Salary administration

New employee

Karolinska Institutet, KI, has Swedbank as its payment services provider. As an employee, you will get your salary and other benefits paid through Swedbank. You need to electronically register your account number with Swedbank for payment to be made to the right account.

Swedbank's bank account register (instruction in English)

After you have registered your bank account with Swedbank, you will get your salary and other benefits paid to the bank and bank account that you have stated. Salaries are usually paid on the 25th of each month.

Bank clearing number

The bank clearing number is the number that specifies a certain bank. Clearing numbers at Swedbank consists of five digits, while the other banks have clearing numbers that consist of four digits.

Change of bank or bank account

If you change your bank or bank account, you will have to register your new bank account with Swedbank in order for the payment to be made to the right account.

Money order

If you have not registered your bank account with Swedbank, you will receive your salary and other benefits through a money order that will be sent home to the address that is registered in the PA-web.

You can encash your money order at your bank or for goods/cash in shops connected to ClearOn/Kassagirot, including for instance ICA, Direkten, CityGross, Statoil, Pressbyrån, SevenEleven, Willys and Coop.

ClearOn/Kassagirot will take a cost of 30 SEK to encash your money order. If you choose to encash your money order at a bank office and deposit the money in your bank account, there is usually no cost for that.

Change of address

If you move, don't forget to change your address in the PA-web.

Foreign bank account

If you have a coordination number or a social security number and a foreign bank account, you will have to visit a Swedbank/Sparbankenoffice and register your account. Please note that it can take up to two weeks to get your foreign bank account registered.

In order to register your bank account, you will have to bring the following:

  • Coordination number or social security number
  • A decision from the Swedish Tax Agency regarding coordination number
  • An employment contract with KI
  • Passport or a Swedish identity card that is issued by the Swedish Tax Agency
  • KI:s agreement number 029572

You can also contact HR at your department and report your IBAN number, BIC number, coordination number or social security number, name and address. KI will then contact Swedbank and register your foreign bank account.


New employees are required to submit an income-tax demand note (skattsedel) to their workplace. You can order a demand note from the Swedish Tax Agency’s website. If you do not submit a demand note, then a so-called penalty tax according to taxation table 31 plus 10 % extra will be withheld. Any tax adjustments should be submitted without delay to your payroll administrator. 

Salary specification

You can find and download your salary specification at the PA-web.

Contact central salary administration

Agneta AhlSalary administrative officer
Lena DyhrSalary administrative officer
Britta EklundSalary administrative officer
Ann-Christine GribeSalary administrative officer
Ida JohanssonPraktikant
Ulrika LinderSalary administrative officer
Kjell-Ove LindgrenTravel manager
Märta MelcherSalary administrative officer
Charlotte OlssonSalary administrative officer
Patrik RosénHead of unit
Martin SjölundHR consultant
Ingvar SundqvistSalary administrative officer
Anette SöderlindSalary administrative officer