Possibility to participate at a research seminar in South Africa in May 2019
The South Africa – Sweden University Forum (SASUF) is a forum funded by STINT, the South African National Research Foundation and the South African Department of Higher Education. The forum brings together 13 Swedish and 23 South African universities to develop collaboration in research, education & innovation. Karolinska Institutet recently joined SASUF.
The Research and Innovation Week will take place in South Africa from 6-10 May 2019, with its main research seminar at Stellenbosch University, 8-10 May. It will include 6 parallel research seminars on the following themes:
- Theme 1: Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Theme 2: Education for a sustainable society
- Theme 3: Social transformation through change: Knowledge and social development strategies for society
- Theme 4: Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa and its impact on the health systems of the two countries in the future
- Theme 5: Urbanisation and cities in the 21st Century
- Theme 6: Digital technologies, big data, and cybersecurity
The week will also include outreach and innovation events.
Karolinska Institutet will bring a delegation to South Africa to participate in the Research and Innovation Week. If you are interested in presenting your research under one of these themes and would like to initiate or further develop a collaboration in South Africa, please send the following information to Johanna Ackemar, International Relations Office, (email@example.com) by no later than 18th of October 2018:
- a short motivation to why your research area is relevant to one of the themes,
- any ongoing collaboration with South Africa or interest to develop collaboration with South Africa
- a short CV
Successful candidates will have their flights and accommodation covered up to the amount of 22 500 SEK (amount including INDI).
For more information about the forum and the themes, please see www.sasuf.org.