Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships 2018
KI Guidelines for MSCA-IF 2018
The MSCA-IF call for 2018 is closed.
The next call opens 2019-04-11 and closes 2019-09-11.
A fellow can apply for one fellowship. A principal investigator (supervisor) can apply for several fellowships with different fellows.
Types of fellowships
1. European Fellowships (EF):
- European Fellowship – Standard (EF-ST)
- European Fellowship – Career Restart (EF-CAR)
- European Fellowship – Reintegration (EF-RI)
- European Fellowship – Society and Enterprise (EF-SE) – must apply with non-academic sector as host.
2. Global Fellowship (GF)
Documents and guidelines
The application is to be submitted electronically on the European Commission’s Participant Portal which is linked to the MSCA-IF-2018 Call and submission service. Fill in your administrative details in Part A of the proposal, and Description of Work in Part B. Follow the instructions in the portal. Simplified instructions can be found below.
The Guide for applicants have detailed instructions on the application process and template for your proposal.
The Work program describes the objective and scope of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions, where the different MSCA Calls are listed with starting and closing dates. Check for 2018-IF only, described in pages 13-16 of the work program.
Frequently Asked Questions have good explanations.
Time line for IF-2018
- Deadline: September 12, 2018
- Evaluation results: February 2019
- Signature of Grant Agreement approx. May 2019
- You can start the project right away after the Grant Agreement is signed, or choose to start within 12 months from when the Grant Agreement is signed
- Earliest start date of your project: approx. May 2019
- Latest start date of your project: approx. May 2020
Apply with other organizations as your Host
If you are applying for MSCA-IF with another institution as your Host, make sure their country is eligible for funding in the 2018-2020 Work Program and contact your PI at that institution and also their Grants Office for advice and necessary information. EURAXESS is a good portal to find offers where organizations publish job offers and their expressions of interest in hosting IF fellows.
Apply with KI as your Host
KI’s PIC number is 999978530. Do not register a new PIC number.
If you want to apply for MSCA as a fellow with KI as your host, or as a Principal Investigator recruit a fellow, both the fellow and PI must be identified. As a fellow you must have a Principal Investigator at KI who is willing to host you. Grants Office can help you provided that your PI and Department at KI will support you since the project needs co-financing at KI. For this reason we require that you fill in the KI application assurance. Signatures are required from:
- the PI
- Head of Department (Prefekt)
- Head of Administration (AC)
Send the signed PDF to email@example.com. The original is kept at your department’s economy unit.
Budget and co-financing
The budget and needed co-financing needed at KI are explained on page 2 of the KI Application Assurance.
The budget depends on whether the Researcher (fellow), at the time of deadline, has family charges according to the H2020 context. The budget is pre-set by the European Commission and does not need to be calculated.
Family is defined as persons linked to the researcher:
- by marriage
- by a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country or region where this relationship was formalised
- as dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher
European Fellowships at KI
Co-financing needed is approx. 300 000 SEK.
EF Budget with family at KI: €203,852
EF Budget without family at KI: €191,852
Global Fellowships at KI
If you are applying for Global Fellowships with KI as Host Organisation, you will go to a Third Country (Countries that are neither EU Member State or Associated Country) for the Outgoing Phase, meaning the institution in the Third Country will be Partner Organisation. Please contact your supervisor and research support office at the Third Country for administrative details and also for a Letter of Commitment. You are obliged to return to KI for your Return Phase.
GF Outgoing Phase USA, return Phase to Sweden/KI: co-financing needed is approx. 390 000 SEK.
GF USA/Sweden, Budget with family: €265,059
GF USA/Sweden, Budget Without family: €247,059
The MSCA-IF Bootcamp is a two-day workshop offered to applicants who apply with KI as your Host Organization. In the workshop we break down detailed parts of the award criteria and also discuss how to set up your proposal with KI as your host. Both fellows who apply themselves or PIs recruiting a fellow can attend the Bootcamp.
The application is created and submitted electronically on the European Commission’s Participant Portal with the ECAS system by creating an MSCA-IF application
- If you already have an ECAS account (ECAS = European Commission Authentication Service), use it to login.
- If you do not already have an account, register an ECAS account (choose external) and follow the instructions.
You can log out and return later to edit your draft proposal. The registration data can be changed until the deadline.