KI ELN access and support
To login to KI ELN you must have a user account.
KI ELN is available for KI employees and affiliated via KI's internal networks ki.se and KI Staff.
If your computer is outside of KI's network you login via VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access KI ELN. VPN is not available for students.
Students can use KI ELN when connected via ki.se
Compatible operating systems and software
The following operating systems, web browser, and software are compatible with the current version of KI ELN.
Check the recommendations below before upgrading your computer.
If using a Mac we recommend that you turn off automatic software upgrades.
- macOS 10.10/10.11 (High Sierra will be supported after the upgrade to BIOVIA Notebook SP3 scheduled for August 2018)
- Safari 9, 10 and 11 (Safari 12 shipped with macOS 10.14 Mojave will be compatible after KI ELN has been upgraded to BIOVIA Notebook 2019)
- Firefox 45-51 (52 does not work with the BIOVIA Notebook plugins)
- Microsoft Office 16.9 or later
- Windows 7 and 10
- Firefox (32bit) 38 or higher
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher
- Internet Explorer Edge does not work with KI ELN since it´s an "app-version" of a web browser and not a complete browser
- Chrome (32bit and 64bit) 53+ or higher
- Microsoft Excel and Word 2010/2013/2016
- ChemDraw 14 and 15 (16 and 17 will be supported on Mac and PC after the upgrade to BIOVIA Notebook SP3 scheduled for August 2018)
- Marvin Sketch 16+ (Windows only)
- BIOVIA draw (contact the ELN coordinator to access the software)
If using a PC you can download a KI ELN client. If outside of KI’s network, first log in via VPN. The client cannot be downloaded on Mac.
The layout in the Remote desktop version of ELN looks a bit different, it is however the same ELN. A manual for this version of ELN can be found here.
KI ELN is run by the central IT department in accordance with KI requirements for IT security. Regular backups, as often as once every hour, is set up for the KI ELN server.
To carry out maintenance of the server and other components, or when necessary to upgrade the system, a maintenance window has been scheduled for Thursdays between 7-10 pm. Due to this KI ELN might not always be available during the specified time. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope for your understanding.
Before any major changes and upgrades information will be sent out to all KI ELN users.
An upgrade to BIOVIA Notebook 2018 SP3 is scheduled for August 30th 2018, 7-10 pm.
Enhancements include e.g.:
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) is now supported
- The BIOVIA Plugin that connects the web client and the desktop is replaced by BIOVIA Desktop Connector also for Mac computers
- ChemDraw 16 and 17 is now supported on Mac
- ChemDraw 17 is now supported on Windows
An upgrade to BIOVIA Notebook 2019 is planned for early 2019.
Enhancements include e.g.:
- Apple Safari 12 is supported
- The latest versions of Chrome and Firefox will be supported on Mac computers
Help and support
Contact the ELN coordinator if you have further questions about KI ELN and its functions.
For technical support and ELN group applications contact ELN support.