All departments and the Central Administration pay an annual fee for their employees and associated staff to the Information Technology Office.
The fee enables the central IT-office to provide a secure and updated IT-environment. It also covers maintenance of the systems required for your computer, tablet and mobile phone. For 2017, the fee is 9,900 SEK.
Services included in the IT fee
- Internet connection for students, employees and associated staff through SUNET and a basic IT-infrastructure within our campus areas
- Wireless network on KI campus both in Flemingsberg and Solna, as well as access to Eduroam
- E-mail including program and certificates, spam handling, virus control and authentication through central AD-servers
- IT security services: regulations and guidelines within the security area, protection from data breach, traffic surveillance and logging
- E-meeting services such as Adobe Connect and Skype for Business
- Possibility to work from an off-campus location through VPN
- Collaboration Platform (handling files and project interaction) based on SharePoint 2013
- Catalog services (for instance KIMKAT)
- Authentication and user access by single signon for several common systems
- Access to software licenses for Microsoft and Oracle. For information on what software are included, contact the person responsible for licenses at your department.
- KI Box cloud service for file sharing and synchronisation
- Service desk (IT-support), operations, maintenance and development of common IT-systems.
The IT-office may deliver other services at an additional charge. Some examples of such selectable services are:
- Server management and data storage including backup
- Database hotel (at present SQL)
- Tools for case management
- A “sync and share” solution , ownCloud, with data storage within KI premises