Introduction to doctoral education at KI – Expectations, support and opportunities
All students admitted to doctoral/third cycle education at Karolinska Institutet have to participate in a general and compulsory introduction to doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet.
The compulsory introduction is intended for all newly admitted doctoral students. During the introduction, the process, the organisation, culture, and support for doctoral education at Karolinska Institutet will be presented and discussed, as well as the rights and obligations of a doctoral student. Information will also be given about Karolinska Institutet’s support functions in education and career planning.
After the introduction the doctoral students should:
- Know the requirements concerning careful research documentation, secrecy and data protection.
- Be familiar with Karolinska Institutet's expectations concerning research integrity and know what cheating and plagiarism is and how to avoid those practices.
Compulsory web courses
The introduction consists of a web-based part and one face-to-face occasion. The web-based part includes two web courses that are needed to be completed before attending the face-to-face occasion:
All questions need to be answered correctly. When you have passed a web course you will receive a course certificate. Please send both certificates to the course administrator by e-mail before the face-to-face occasion (if you have difficulties saving the certificate, print as PDF or take a screen shot). Please reserve approximately one day for finishing the web tasks.
Registration for face-to-face occasions
Registration is binding. If you cannot attend you need to cancel your registration by contacting the administrator.
Course days spring 2018:
- Wednesday 2018-01-17 Flemingsberg (Huddinge), 4Z, ANA 8. Registration closed
- Monday 2018-02-12 Solna, Petrénsalen, Nobels väg 12B. Registration closed
- Tuesday 2018-03-20 Flemingsberg (Huddinge), 4Y, ANA 8. Registration closed
- Friday 2018-05-04 Solna, Strixsalen, vad Eulers väg 4. Registration closed
Course days autumn 2018:
- 2018-09-11 - Solna, lecture room will be announced later. Register here
- 2018-10-25 - Flemingsberg (Huddinge), lecture room will be announced later. Register here
- 2018-12-11 - Solna, lecture room will be announced later. Register here
Last day to register: 3 weeks before the course starts.
The compulsory introduction does not entitle for any credits, but has to be completed within the first year after registration. Completing the introduction (passing the web-courses and attendance at the face-to-face occasion) will be registered in the study administrative system LADOK.
|09.00 - 09.45|| |
Expectations, support and opportunities
|09.45 - 10.40|| |
Group discussions on expectations and questions to the facilitator
|10.40 - 11.15|| |
|11.15 - 12.00|| |
How to get the best out of your PhD
For more information, please contact the administrator Elisabet Lindgren, Unit for Medical Education and Technology (UMET)/ LIME