Denna sida på svenska

Group life insurance (TGL)

As a government employee you are insured through Tjänstegruppliv (TGL), an occupational group life insurance policy from SPV. The policy provides economic protection for your spouse, registered partner, cohabitant and children. The insurance is valid from the day you arrive at your workplace and as long as you are employed, until the age of 65. It is also valid when you are on vacation or sick leave.

Occupational injury insurance (PSA)

The insurance policy covers accidents at work, accidents to and from work, and diseases that are directly related to the work.

Accidents and work related injuries (Swedish)

AFA Insurance - compensation for employees

Voluntary group insurance

This insurance requires you to have an employment at Karolinska Institutet and a social security number.

Karolinska Institutet has an agreement with Skandia insurance company to offer a voluntary group insurance. You can buy insurance for you and your family as like: life- and health insurance, security capital, accident insurance and child insurance. Some insurance policies require a health declaration.

Sign up for Skandia voluntary group insurance (Swedish)

Business travel insurance

Karolinska Institutet has agreements with Kammarkollegiet concerning business travel insurance. You should bring the terms of this agreement when you travel, so you know what is applicable if you incur injury or damages.

When traveling to EU/EEA countries bring along the European health insurance card (EHIC), which you can request from Försäkringskassan.

When traveling to other countries you should bring the personal blue travel insurance card, which is issued by your department.

Diners Club Travel insurance

The Diners Club TAC insurance applies when you book your business trip and accommodation with our contracted travel agency, Ticket Biz. This policy is applicable in the event of an accident or a baggage or transport delay.


Trygg-Hansa Kortförsäkringar
Box 800
851 23 Sundsvall
Telefonnummer: 077-440 50 20

URA insurance 

The URA insurance policy is applicable to those who are stationed abroad. It contains personal injury protection and protection equivalent to that of a travel insurance policy.  The terms of this policy can be obtained at Kammarkollegiet.

A special contract for foreign assignments must be in place; contact the Human Resources Office.

Insurance coverage for scholarship holders

More information about Insurance coverage for scholarship holders can be found here.


Salary administrative officer

Charlotte Olsson

Phone: +46-(0)8-524 866 28
Organizational unit: Payroll Unit