Document management in Drupal
Here's how to upload documents into the system, how to create links to them, as well as naming, replace and delete documents.
Link to an existing document
- Select the text to be linked.
- Go to Linkit / link icon.
- Start typing the document's name, and select the correct document.
- This is why it is important that we have labelled documents intelligible, see below "Label documents".
Linking in the field Documents
At the bottom of a page there is a field where you can link to already uploaded documents.
- Start typing the document's name in the field and then select the correct documents.
- When the link is printed on the page will document's name will be shown, why it is important that the document has an intelligible name, see below "Label document".
Upload a new document
- Go to My workbench.
- Click on the Create content tab.
- Go to Create media and click Upload Media.
- You can now upload the required file.
- Click Submit when you are finished.
In the next step you need to rename the document. This is important for three reasons:
- The name represents a link in the search results of a search in Google or in the KI's own search service.
- The name will also be the name of the link if you use the “Documents” function at the bottom of a page.
- If you give the document an appropriate name, it will be easier to find later.
Replace and delete documents
When a document has been uploaded and for example you need to replace it with a newer version, you should replace the document with a new one that retains the same link:
- Go to My workbench and Select the File List tab.
- Here you can locate your document and click edit.
- Upload the new appropriate document here and save.
Remove old documents
In order to remove out of date files, proceed as above but select the Delete option. The file is deleted and is no longer searchable.
As an editor, you cannot delete files that you have not uploaded yourself.