Describes how the Vice-Chancellor delegates his/her decision-making powers to the Faculty Boards and to different post-holders within Karolinska Institutet.
Revised by the Vice-Chancellor 19/01/2016. Applicable from 01/02/2016. The present revision includes changes in the decisions that the Vice-Chancellor makes himself. The Research Strategic committee was cancelled due to the new ALF-agreement. Clarifications have been made, especially in the area of work environment responsibilities.
Clarifications have also been made when it comes to restrictions in the decision-making powers of the Heads of Department.
Instructions and Templates for Departments have been updated and supplemented with role descriptions.
Vice-Chancellor’s decision-making procedures and delegation rules for Karolinska Institutet
This document describes how the Vice-Chancellor delegates his/her decision-making powers to the Faculty Boards and to different post-holders within Karolinska Institutet.
Guiding principles include a far-reaching delegation where decisions are made as closely to the daily operations as possible. It is of special importance that students and employees are given the opportunity to influence of the decision-making process on matters that may concern them. It is also important to secure the collegial influence of teachers and researchers.
The Delegation rules are also based on the following principles:
- decision-making powers are mainly expressed in general areas of responsibilities,
- the power of decision-making is linked to an overall responsibility for the area in question,
- with decision-making power follows, unless otherwise specified, a right to delegate the decision-making authority.
Instructions and Templates for the Departments at Karolinska Institutet
Each Head of Department shall decide on the Department’s organisation and delegation rules. All delegations must be in writing and signed also by the recipient.
In the documents you will find templates and instructions
- Vice-Chancellor’s decision-making procedures and delegation rules for Karolinska Institutet (pdf, 500.76 KB)
- Instructions and templates for departments (doc, 228 KB)
- Role description for the departmental chemical’s representative (docx, 104.19 KB)
- Role description for the chemicals inventory taker (docx, 104.05 KB)
- Role description for the departmental environmental and sustainability representative (doc, 146.5 KB)
- Role description for the departmental Flammable Goods Controller (docx, 104.92 KB)
- Role description for the departmental Fire Safety Supervisor (docx, 105.61 KB)
- Role description for the departmental Fire Safety Controller (docx, 105.07 KB)