Create a KI ELN account, add or remove users
To log into KI ELN you need to be a user.
Users of the KI ELN belong to at least one research group and the login is linked to the user's KI-ID. The user accounts are administered by ELN support. If you do not have a KI-ID, you must first get one through the KIMKAT-administrator at your department. Your application for an account can be dealt with only after you have received your KI-ID. Everyone with a KI e-mail address, already has a KI-ID.
Start a new group
If the research group does not already exist in KI ELN, the new group is created in connection with applying for the KI ELN user accounts.
The research groups in KI ELN are named according this format "department + the research group leader's surname", for example MEB_Björkdahl.
Apply for KI ELN user accounts
Download the application form below and fill it in according to the attached instructions - the recommended browser is Internet Explorer or Safari, and use the PDF reader Abobe Reader XI. If you have problems opening the file, a solution may be to download it locally and then try to open it again.
It is important that the KI e-mail addresses are correct in order to facilitate the administration of the user accounts within the normal time of four (4) working days.
Undergraduate students can be included in a research group with a KI ELN student login of their own. In order to get a student KI ELN account they need a KI student e-mail address. All KI ELN student accounts are time limited, therefore an end date as to be specified.
New users and superusers can be added by sending in a new application.
When a user is removed from a group in ELN, the information that the user has saved in ELN will continue to be available to the research group even after the user has been removed.
1. That the user who leaves the group specifies a project for all their experiments.
2. That the user then submits all their experiments.
If these two things have been secured, the user can be deleted from the group without losing any information or data stored by the user in ELN.
1. The superuser removes the user from all projects.
2. The PI/group leader completes and signs an application form to remove the user from the group.
We offer three different versions of the application form, to choose between as it suits you:
- Electronic application with e-signature (fill out and sign in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC)
- Electronic application with manual signature (fill out in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, print, sign and scan completed form)
- Manual application and signature (print, fill out, sign and scan completed form)
Users with KI student accounts require a special application form, where end dates are specified.
Submit your signed application to ELN support.