Axel Hirsch Travel Grant for Surgeons 2019 (period 4)
Karolinska Institutet hereby invites applications for funding from Axel Hirsch Travel Grant for Surgeons.
The applicant must be a PhD student or associate researcher/guest researcher at KI and a doctor who have been employed as a Assistant Physician for at least two years at a KI department, engaged in surgical activities. Priority is given to those who apply for a grant to visit institutions abroad for the purpose of learning new methods and/or working on a collaborative project.
The following conditions applies:
- The trip must be related to active participation in a conference, course or the like (poster or oral presentations, learning or developing methods, etc.) or other activities such as exchange, visiting laboratories etc.
- The allowance may not be used for any other trip than the one applied for. If the allowance could not be used, it should be paid back.
- You can not apply for costs paid by the organizer, such as conference fees or paid travel or hotel room when you are invited as a lecturer.
- The amount applied for must be based on the lowest ticket fare available at the time of travel (see KI’s guidelines for travel at per diem and allowances)
- Only one application per person and application period may be registered.
Period of travel
The departure date must be between January 1 – June 30, 2020.
The available amount is approximately 500,000 SEK. Awarded grants varies between 20,000 and 100,000 SEK per person. You can never get more than the requested amount.
The application must be submitted digitally. The online form will be available through KI Prisma during the application period, October 1 – 15, 2019. Application period closes 2.00 pm.
Decision of grant will be taken by the Committee of Research. All applicants will be notified by e-mail in November.
See FAQ for detailed information on the assessment criteria.
Application forms are to be accompanied by one or more of the following documents:
- Abstract (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Confirmation that an abstract has been submitted or accepted (compulsory for applicants going to a conference to present an abstract).
- Personal invitation to a congress or institution (compulsory for applicants invited to a conference as chairperson, lecturer, etc., or to a institution or lab).
- Course program and a declaration applied for or obtained admission is attached (compulsory for those seeking grants for course)
- For doctorial students a letter from the supervisor confirming the purpose of the trip, and the role of the applicant on this trip. For those who have passed half-time control, the confirmation letter should also certify this alternatively an extract from Ladok must be attached
- If you are absent more than two weeks, you must attach a certificate from your department/clinic.
As from 2018, a report on the usage of the granted funds will be required. After the end of the term, you will need to login to Prisma and confirm whether you have used the money, or at least have started using the money, or not. If you have not used the money at all during the disposition period, these should be returned to the Foundations and Funds.
Reports are submitted via Prisma about 12 months after the money has been paid, except for travel benefits where reporting takes place approximately one month after the end of the term. You will receive an email notification when it is time to report.
For questions regarding this call please e-mail: email@example.com