New rules for affiliates have been entered with validity from 170701. However, the previous administrative affiliation process in KIMKAT will still be applied pending completion of IDAC. IDAC is preliminarily estimated to be operational at the end of the year.
As decreed, all KI affiliates participate in KI's activities without being employed or registered as a Ph.D. student at KI. Pay particular attention to the importance of documenting the basis for participation in KI's activities. The basis for affiliation may, for example, include the following:
- Employee of the county council with research funds at KI or who teaches at KI
- Associate Professors who participate in KI's activities but who are not employed by KI
- Visiting Researchers with external financing
- Professor Emeritus who is active in KI's activities
- Student representative or external member of a decision-making and advisory body
- Consultants or hired personnel
A person visiting KI for a number of days, who e.g., gives a lecture, participates in a conference or seminar and during this time requires access to the computer network is not affiliated; they are defined as a visitor. Workmen, service technicians, etc., who require access to key cards and certain other resources during a period of time are not considered affiliated either. These persons are treated in accordance with other procedures.