Advertise for research subjects on the website – how to do it
On the site Research on the external website there is a page where researchers at Karolinska Institutet can advertise for research subjects/trial subjects. Here are some instructions to researchers and web editors.
On the advertising page, there is information for people who wish to become research subjects – both in general terms of what is involved in being a research subject/trial subject and what studies you can notify your interest in. It is the main web-editor at each department who manages the advertising.
To the page "Research subjects wanted"
Instructions for researchers
As a KI researcher, you can search for prospective research subjects/trial subjects by advertising on the external website. The main web-editor at your department is responsible for the publication and removal of the advertisement.
What to do
- Fill in the form with your advertising information; write briefly and do not forget to fill in when your advert is to be removed.
- Select the department you belong to from the list, and submit the form.
- In order to more easily process expressions of interest to your study, you can use KI Survey via a link in your advertisement.
- Try using social media to share the link to your ad on the KI website. But please, check out the KI guidelines for social media at work before you start.
Instructions for editors
All advertisements come on a form which the researcher has filled in. This information is about the study, as well as contact information.
The form is sent automatically to the KI Communications and Public Relations Office, they in turn forwards forms received to the relevant editor.
What to do
- Create a news article and fill in the information you have received in the form/e-mail. Be sure to write the preamble, body text and contact information. The person responsible for the content is the researcher in charge.
- Tags: Fill in the tag "human subject research". If you do not fill in this tag, the advertisement will not appear in the list on the side. Your advertisement will be listed on the landing page for research subjects and on the home page of Research.
- Publish on: Select the Research site.
- News type: Select News if it is not already selected.
- News category: None
- Profile reference: If the researcher wants the advertisement to appear on his/her profile page, please fill in this field.
- Add any documents and links.
- If you can, make an English/Swedish version and link to and from it.