Public health epidemiology | Department of Public Health Sciences
Public Health Epidemiology encompasses the application of epidemiologic methods of research to three core tasks aiming at understanding and improving population level health.
The three core tasks are:
- description and surveillance of the occurrence of diseases and their putative or known risk factors
- investigation of determinants of disease and health
- evaluation of efficacy and effectiveness of interventions aiming at preventing diseases of public health importance
The field seeks to undertake these tasks on a continuum, with the ultimate aim to promote public health by preventing the occurrence of diseases and/or altering their natural history.
Research groups public health epidemiology
- Epidemiology and Public Health Intervention Research (EPHIR)
Research group leader: Yvonne Forsell
- Epidemiology of Mental Health (EPIOMH)
Research group leader: Christina Dalman