2006 in Molecular Biophysics (Chemistry), Title "Iron in Haem Biosynthesis. Structural Studies of Ferrochelatase and Frataxin"
Department of Molecular Biophysics, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Supervisor: Salam Al-Karadaghi and Co-supervisor: Anders Liljas
Research scientist using X-ray crystallography and various biochemical and biophysical techniques with the aim of making chemical tools for studying ADP-ribosylation in the PARP family. See our homepage for more info: http://ki.se/en/mbb/structural-biology-of-signaling-domains
Short summary of techniques and skills:
- Design of protein constructs for soluble expression and crystallization.
- Cloning and small-scale expression of protein constructs.
- Parallel and high-throughput expression (E. coli) in shake incubators and LEX fermentation system.
- Protein purification using ÄKTA systems.
- Protein characterization using biophysical methods (Static light scattering (Stargazer) and thermal shift assays).
- Enzyme activity assays (fluorescence, luminescence, Alpha-screen).
- Crystallization of proteins and protein-ligand complexes in high-throughput format using robotics (Art Robbins och Mosquito).
- Manipulation of crystals for X-ray data collection, data processing and evalution of diffraction data.
- Daily user of LIMS and electronic laboratory notebook.
- Advanced Linux-user, user of scripts, SQL databases and basic programming.