Sara Causevic is a PhD student at the Karolinska Institutet, and a researcher at Swedish Institute for Global Health Transformation (SIGHT), at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, based in Stockholm, Sweden. Previously, Sara was trained at the ECDC and working on the “Evidence-based guidance on screening for infectious diseases among migrants to the EU/EEA”, as a member of the ECDC Migrant Health Task Force. During 2012-2015, she was working with the UNFPA as a Programme Analyst on Sexual and Reproductive Health, HIV, Youth and Emergency Preparedness, and also being a UN Cares focal point for BiH. Prior to that, she did her research studies in Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, in Baltimore, MD, USA, as a Fulbright Scholar. Between 2007-2011, Sara worked for Novartis Pharma AG and Sanofi, two of top-10 pharmaceutical companies in the world, as Drug Regulatory Affairs Officer, and advising on Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance issues.
With experience in working in the healthcare sector and development issues for the last 10 years, she has also collaborated with different partners such as the WHO, UNDP, UNICEF, GFATM, World Bank, CARE International, etc., in various countries in Europe, as well as in the United States.
Sara holds a BSc and an MA in Chemical Engineering from the University of Sarajevo. She is also a Fulbright Alumna and currently pursuing her second Masters in Global Health Policy from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She has contributed extensively to writing a number of policy and technical papers on sexual and reproductive health and rights, migrant health, post-2015, human rights, and development. She has also spoken on issues of rights and development in various international fora over the last 5 years.
- University of London, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Master of Science in Global Health Policy (ongoing)
- Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Fulbright Scholar, Graduate Research Scientist
Department of Health Policy and Management
Center for Public Health and Human Rights
- University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Master of Arts, Chemical Engineering – Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
- Health policy and management
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Sustainable Development Goals and UHC
- Migrant and refugee health
- Emergency preparedness
Academic honours, awards and prizes
Fulbright Visiting Research Scientist Scholarship, USA (2011-2012)