2012: PhD in Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2012 to 2017: Postdoctoral Study at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Fleminsberg.
2018 to now: Assistant professor at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Fleminsberg.
Obesity is a major risk factor of T2D and its associated liver and cardiovascular complications. My study aims to encrypt the epigenomic remodeling mysteries in metabolic tissues (including adipocytes, hepatocytes and immune cells, etc) under stress conditions, with the ultimate mission to identify novel targets for diagnostic and interventive purposes.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
- EFSD / Lilly research fellowship 2017.
- Best short talk. 7th Endometrial SRP Diabetes Joint Retreat. Stockholm, 2017.
- Best Poster Award for completed work. 6th Endometrial SRP Diabetes Joint Retreat. Stockholm, 2016.
- Distinguished Young researcher Award at Bayer 2nd Asia-Pacific Diabetes Forum. Taipei, 2010.
- Distinguished Young Investigator Award at the 5th China Endocrinology Congress. Taipei, 2008.