I first started at Karolinska Institutet in 2013, where I wrote my master thesis. Currently I am on my last year of my PhD studies at the Department of Neurobiology, Care Science and Society (NVS) at the Center for Alzheimer Research, working with Associate Professor Maria Ankarcrona.
I also am a member of the Student Council at NVS as a Deputy Chairman.
- Master of Science from Stockholm University (Sweden).
- Bachelor of Science from Univeristy of Porto (Portugal).
The main field of interest of our group is mitochondria and mitochondria-ER contact sites in Alzheimer's disease. The aim of my PhD project is to enlighten the interplay between this subcellular region, Aβ production and autophagosome formation.
I am also involved in side projects with my colleagues including:
- Identify new proteins and their respective functions at MAM;
- Characterisation of mitochondria in differentiated neuronal cells;
- Characterisation of MAM in synapses.
Academic honours, awards and prizes
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (Short-term) (2018)
Gun and Bertil Stohnes Forsknings Stipendium (2018)
JSPS Postdoctoral Summer Program (2014)
Sven and Lilly Lawskis association fund for Natural Science research (2013)