Over 10 years of experience of biobank development for life sciences and medical research. My experience covers issues of importance in biobanking practices from the technical and ethical/regulatory perspectives to biospecimen sciences. During the years 2004-2009 I led the startup and development of Karolinska Institutet Biobank. I have advised several national and international biobanks on a variety of issues related to biobank services. I give lectures regularly on “Good Biobanking Practice” and lead a PhD course in Biobanking as a resource for biomedical research. My post-doc research was focused on drug metabolism and pharmacogenomics as the major source of interindividual and interethnic differences in drug response.
My personal interest in Biobanking development is to serve medical research, health care and industry to improve the value and ensure an optimal use of samples stored in biobanks. I am involved in different national and international projects on sample management and identification of quality biomarkers aimed for standardization and improved quality of samples stored in biobanks. I am actively involved in the Swedish National Biobanking Platform for research, BBMRI.se and BBMRI-LPC and member of the advisory board for ISBER proficiency testing program.
1996: PhD in medical science at Karolinska Institutet
2000: Associate professor (docent) in chemical pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet
- The Research Biobank of the Year Competition of the European, Middle Eastern and African Society for Biopreservation and Biobanking (ESBB): aims and achievements.
Biopreserv Biobank 2014 Apr;12(2):154-60
- Quantitative methods for prediction of the effect of cytochrome P450 gene polymorphisms on substrate drug exposure: authors' reply.
Clin Pharmacokinet 2015 Mar;54(3):321
- Impact of cytochrome P450 2C19 polymorphisms on citalopram/escitalopram exposure: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Clin Pharmacokinet 2014 Sep;53(9):801-11
- Standard preanalytical coding for biospecimens: review and implementation of the Sample PREanalytical Code (SPREC).
Biopreserv Biobank 2012 Aug;10(4):366-74
- Laboratory management of samples in biobanks: European consensus expert group report.
Biopreserv Biobank 2010 Mar;8(1):65-9
- Profiling post-centrifugation delay of serum and plasma with antibody bead arrays.
J Proteomics 2013 Dec;95():46-54