Christian's Twitter -- Follow him for latest news regarding Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, and AI and Ethics.
Invited Speaker (Selected)
Oct 2018 "Machine Intelligence in Marketing and Education", Amsterdam, Netherlands
Oct 2018 "From Robotic Process Automation to Machine Intelligence", Berlin, Germany
Oct 2018 "AI AND BUSINESS – WHAT DOES THE FUTURE OF WORK LOOK LIKE?", Hanaholmen, Espoo, Finland
May 2018 "AI is here to stay", Umeå, Sweden
Mar 2018 "The influence of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Digital Health", Australian Health Week, Australia
Feb 2018 "MBA Executive Course: The role of Artificial Intelligence in Disruptive Businesses" Vlerick School of Economics, Brussels
Jan 2018 "How will artificial intelligence influence future healthcare", Symposium on Cardiovascular disease in a broad perspective, Sweden
Dec 2017 "Bättre beslut och effektivare verksamhet genom automatisering och artificiell intelligens", DigiGov, Sweden
Nov 2017 "Artificial Intelligence: Will it transform Diabetes?", National diabetes meeting, Sweden
Nov 2017 "AI and Machine Learning in Context", Executive Strategy Series, Sweden
Sep 2017 "Nordic Perspective on Artificial Intelligence", French Embassy, Sweden
Sep 2017 "Artificial Intelligence in Diabetes Care", Health Care Strategies for Value Creation, Sweden
Sep 2017 "How Artificial Intelligence Transforms Health Care and Medicine", 23rd Mayo-KI Annual Scientific Research Meeting, Sweden
Jul 2017 "Fight Amongst the Giants! AI versus AI.", SUNDOWN AI Conference, USA
- Apr 2017 "How is Artificial Intelligence shaping the Future of Health", With the Best of Artificial Intelligence, USA
- May 2017 "Advancements in Artificial Intelligence", Digital Health Conference, CEBIT, Sydney, Australia
- Apr 2017 "Digital Health -- Big Data and IOT in Health", Upgraded Festival, Helsinki, Finland
- May 2017 "Artificial Intelligence within Health - a data driven revolution", Stockholm Science City Foundation, Stockholm, Sweden
- Mar 2017 "HealthiHabits - Nordic Digital Therapeutics", CHaSE Health And Science Exposition, Stockholm, Sweden
- Feb 2017 "From scientific idea to company", KI Career Profile, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Jan 2017 "Artificial Intelligence and Health", Stockholm AI group, Sweden
Current Organising and Program committee (Selected)
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence IJCAI 2018, Sweden (and IJCAI 2017 in Australia)
ECIS - Advances in Health Care Innovation Technologies in Portugal 2017, and in England 2018
Adj. Assoc. Professor Christian Guttmann (UNSW) has a deep interest and expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Big Data and Analytics in Health and Medicine. He is an entrepreneurially driven and experienced technology leader with strong research and communication skills. At BT, IBM, HP, successful startups and university projects, he led innovation teams using artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, social/mobile/IoT technology in health and medicine. He creates high-impact systems, patents and scientific publications, and is in international steering and program committees of leading conferences in Artificial Intelligence and Health Care inovation. He enjoys working in great teams and partnerships.
- Interested in knowing more about artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and analytics in digital health and medicine?
- Interested in supervision at a master or doctoral level?
Relevant Experience (Selected)
2018 - VP, Chief AI and Data Scientist, Tieto, Stockholm, Sweden
2016 - Executive Founding Director of the Nordic Artificial Intelligence Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
2014 - Adj. Associate Professor, University of New South Wales, Australia
2014 - Ank. Forskare, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
2016 - Director of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, HealthiHabits, Stockholm, Sweden
2014 - 2016 Senior Analyst och Project Lead, IVBAR, Stockholm, Sweden
2012 - 2014 Area Lead in Health Care Analytics, IBM Research, Australia
2010 - 2012 Senior Researcher and Theme Leader iCare, Etisalat British Telecom Innovation Centre, UAE
Prior to these engagement, Dr. Guttmann worked in many advanced Data Science and Machine Learning projects at leading global companies and universities.
2003 - 2008 PhD in Distributed Artificial Intelligence (Monash University, Australia)
1998 - 2001 Master of Science (Royal Institutet of Technology, Sweden)
1996 - 2001 Diplom Informatiker (University Paderborn, Germany)
1998 - 2001 Bachelor (Psychology) (Stockholm University, Sweden)
Deep interest and experience in basic and applied investigations in digital health and medicine, including
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advanced and Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Data Science
- Social, Mobile and Wearable Technologies
- Digital Health, Health Technology, Medtech and Biotech
- Value Based Care Models, Integrated Care and Chronic Desease Management
20 years of dedicated scientific and industrial leadership in Artificial Intelligence, Health and Medicine.
- Apr 2018 "How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Disrupts Businesses", Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm
Nov 2016 EDX course on "Big Data and Analytics in Health", Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Academic honours, awards and prizes
2014 Invention Achievement Award (IBM) -- "Patent in Data Science and Analytics"
2010 Competitive Fellowship award by Australian Academy of Science (AAS)
1999 MSc Award for best Master’s Thesis (Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society)